Malware I cant find on Google

Win32Tr\.\raudload

Anyone know what kind of maalware this is? I've run Malwarebytes twice in the past couple of days and it hasn't turned anything up, but I just tried Ad-aware and it found and quarantined this.

Is quarantining enough? Or should I try to delete the thing? It was classed as severe, so I'm a tad perturbed having bought a load of stuff online in the run up to Christmas.

Thanks in advance for any input.

T_T

I'd always try and delete stuff thats labelled as Severe. I had something similar a while back though, and it took a couple of trips to a computer shop to sort it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Google
win32tr malware
and you will find loads of references to this. No advice from me as I ain't an expert, but you should be able to find help from the google results.

msr said:
http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?p=1030521

Surprised Malwarebytes didn't catch it... What antivirus are you using?
Norton. Yes I know, but it came with the computer.

Tartan_Terrier said:
Win32Tr\.\raudload

TT
I cut & pasted your trojan into Google and found no joy..
I dug deeper an finally found it goes by different names

Kaspasky call it:
Trojan-Downloader.Win32.FraudLoad

I then had a quick search for that and came up with a number of offers that you might find useful?

hope it helps a little?

ad-aware quarantine is an automatic feature (unless you've disabled it).

Don't worry about it. Basically your virus is on it's way to the earth spike, however, just in case ad-aware has made a mistake and highlighted a useful file.

You hvae a period of time to restore the file, if you don't find anything is affected by its removal the file will be deleted in good time.

The programme also uses this quarantine space as a recognition guide of what is floating around at the moment also.

Basically quatrantine does what it says on the tin. NOTHING will get out of this folder, and affect your computer once it is in there, unless you restore it. Items in the folder are not allowed to exectute in any way.

TT.

Try.

Zone Alarm for the Fire wall.

Avast for the anti-virus.

Malwarebytes for anti virus/malware.

Ad-aware for a bit of anti malware.

no probs for my goodself in 5 years of using hte above.

chocolate_frog said:
TT.

Try.

Zone Alarm for the Fire wall.

Avast for the anti-virus.

Malwarebytes for anti virus/malware.

Ad-aware for a bit of anti malware.

no probs for my goodself in 5 years of using hte above.
Good choice...
I also use Zone alarm - Avast and Malwarebytes

Sounds good and free too! Cheers for that msr.

Chocolate_Frog, that's pretty much the same setup as I have on the stationary PC, no problems there either.

And there is no need for Zonealarm, Windows XP (SP2), Vista and Windows 7 come with a firewall and your router will do too.

msr

msr said:
And there is no need for Zonealarm, Windows XP (SP2), Vista and Windows 7 come with a firewall and your router will do too.

msr
Thats just what I want to hear, just bought the old chap a lappy for xmas, windows 7, and I thought he would panic as zone alarm can be a little picky at times!

It's a hang over (bit like using Norton) from many years ago when you needed a firewall. Some people will argue about the need to scan outbound connections, but it just adds and unnecessary level of additional complication and / or panic.

You would be better advised to go here: www.secunia.com , download their advisor and ensure all your applications (esp Java, Adobe Reader and Flash player) are up to date.

Oh and remove whatever antivirus trial came with the laptop and bung on Microsoft Security Essentials.

msr

msr said:
It's a hang over (bit like using Norton) from many years ago when you needed a firewall. Some people will argue about the need to scan outbound connections, but it just adds and unnecessary level of additional complication and / or panic.

You would be better advised to go here: www.secunia.com , download their advisor and ensure all your applications (esp Java, Adobe Reader and Flash player) are up to date.

Oh and remove whatever antivirus trial came with the laptop and bung on Microsoft Security Essentials.

msr
It's came with a trial 60 day McAfee, which will soon be gone, do I add Malware bytes as well as the MS?

Little toshiba for 350 quid at staples, not bad.

leveller said:
It's came with a trial 60 day McAfee, which will soon be gone, do I add Malware bytes as well as the MS?
It's up to you, personally I would recommend just using MSE. Malwarebytes is good for removing stuff which other anti-malware applications fail to.

You will not have any trouble running both, as the free version of Malwarebytes only runs on demand (don't forget to update it before you do).

The main thing is to remove McAfee (don't wait for it to expire) before installing MSE.

msr
P.S. Don't forget Secunia PSI: http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/

That's right, ask your PSI ;)