Malware I cant find on Google

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Tartan_Terrier, Dec 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Win32Tr\.\raudload

Anyone know what kind of maalware this is? I've run Malwarebytes twice in the past couple of days and it hasn't turned anything up, but I just tried Ad-aware and it found and quarantined this.

Is quarantining enough? Or should I try to delete the thing? It was classed as severe, so I'm a tad perturbed having bought a load of stuff online in the run up to Christmas.

Thanks in advance for any input.

T_T

2. I'd always try and delete stuff thats labelled as Severe. I had something similar a while back though, and it took a couple of trips to a computer shop to sort it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

3. msr

msr LE

4. Google
    and you will find loads of references to this. No advice from me as I ain't an expert, but you should be able to find help from the google results.

5. Norton. Yes I know, but it came with the computer.

7. ad-aware quarantine is an automatic feature (unless you've disabled it).

Don't worry about it. Basically your virus is on it's way to the earth spike, however, just in case ad-aware has made a mistake and highlighted a useful file.

You hvae a period of time to restore the file, if you don't find anything is affected by its removal the file will be deleted in good time.

The programme also uses this quarantine space as a recognition guide of what is floating around at the moment also.

Basically quatrantine does what it says on the tin. NOTHING will get out of this folder, and affect your computer once it is in there, unless you restore it. Items in the folder are not allowed to exectute in any way.

8. Yes I saw that TT
    are you using Lavasoft adware protection?

If so it has deleted it but has shown up again..
    give your hard drive a good clean and job done!

If your not using lavasoft and you still havn't got Google
    then I believe your still infected

9. TT.

Try.

Zone Alarm for the Fire wall.

Avast for the anti-virus.

Malwarebytes for anti virus/malware.

Ad-aware for a bit of anti malware.

no probs for my goodself in 5 years of using hte above.

10. Good choice...
    I also use Zone alarm - Avast and Malwarebytes

11. msr

msr LE

12. Sounds good and free too! Cheers for that msr.

Chocolate_Frog, that's pretty much the same setup as I have on the stationary PC, no problems there either.

13. msr

msr LE

And there is no need for Zonealarm, Windows XP (SP2), Vista and Windows 7 come with a firewall and your router will do too.

msr

14. Thats just what I want to hear, just bought the old chap a lappy for xmas, windows 7, and I thought he would panic as zone alarm can be a little picky at times!