Malicious Rumours

It's my understanding that spreading 'malicious rumours' in the Army is verboten.

If you're the recipient of an anonymous and false accusation by a third party, i.e. a malicious rumour, what steps can you officially take to redress it?

Can you force the third party to be revealed so as to issue a challenge of proving said accusation?

Or rip their head off...

[align=center]ARMY
Be Suppressed[/align]

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Every lie has a grain of truth, otherwise the lie/rumour would not have been generated.

Come on, dish the dirt!

Fugly said:
Every lie has a grain of truth, otherwise the lie/rumour would not have been generated.

Come on, dish the dirt!
Not necessarily there are many on the planet who, being inadequate in character, will make crap up about others to appear to raise themselves above their mediocre level, or on a commercial level make up stories and publish them as news.

LAIT said:
Jip,

A 'malicious' rumour implies malice: this is essential in taking this issue forward. If the target of the malicious comment, allegation or slander is you, then you have the right as a private citizen to raise the allegation with the chain of command - an investigation should follow within the chain of command.

That said, as a private citizen, you would only have to prove negiligence on the part of the rumour monger (assuming they've told others - central to the concept of slander after all!) to seek damages. I believe that punitive damages require malice to be proved.

Or maybe you just want the little shits smashed by the chain of command? We had something similar (allegations of shagging): the CO initiated an investigation, the rumour monger retracted fully and wrote a letter of apology. It also appeared on Part Ones. His career is effectively finished of course - lack of integrity. Quite right too.

There must be some Feds on here who could advise from an investigation POV - not sure if this is something they would expect to get involved in - probably too low ball for them to be honest.
Thanks.

The Chain of Command know the source - but they're not telling me who. Yet, they see fit to level accusations at me.

Stand by. $$$$$$$$$

You should initiate a Service Complaint IAW Section 334 of the Armed Forces Act 2006. Your Adjutant can help you. You should request that the accusation against you be withdrawn. The CO has to respond to you within 30 days BY LAW. You do not have to accept his finding and can pass it up for further investigation.

I told a load of Jennies at HMS Daedalus that my oppo was Hep C, for a good looking bloke he wasnt happy to spend 2 weeks on course with nil poontang, the rumour also trickled back to Stonehouse and unfortunately his missus. He punched me, hard, twice..

Is this the rumour about my 15" penis again?

I only started that yesterday!

reni_77 said:
I told a load of Jennies at HMS Daedalus that my oppo was Hep C, for a good looking bloke he wasnt happy to spend 2 weeks on course with nil poontang, the rumour also trickled back to Stonehouse and unfortunately his missus. He punched me, hard, twice..
Hahaha, hope it hurt, give him my thanks if you see him!!! :D

Conrad_Cock said:
Not necessarily there are many on the planet who, being inadequate in character, will make crap up about others to appear to raise themselves above their mediocre level, or on a commercial level make up stories and publish them as news.
Aint that the truth, I once caught an ex squaddie stealing a lot of money from the poppy fund, and he started so many rumours and lies about me just to cover up the theft.

He also "borrowed" £250 from branch funds to pay his phone bill. When this came to light some months later, he said he had to otherwise he would be unable to continue his role as branch committee member.
:cry:

devexwarrior said:
You should initiate a Service Complaint IAW Section 334 of the Armed Forces Act 2006. Your Adjutant can help you. You should request that the accusation against you be withdrawn. The CO has to respond to you within 30 days BY LAW. You do not have to accept his finding and can pass it up for further investigation.
We have a similar situation at my work! so i know this is the case!! good advice DW

PM

Combat_Baby said:
reni_77 said:
You can thank him yourself when he tips up here Friday, ill point him to Goole, then to the first dwarfish tracksuit wearer with the womb of a terminal ovarian cancer sufferer. x

reni_77 said:
Combat_Baby said:
reni_77 said:
You can thank him yourself when he tips up here Friday, ill point him to Goole, then to the first dwarfish tracksuit wearer with the womb of a terminal ovarian cancer sufferer. x
Go for it, least he will get some unlike you! :D

Combat_Baby said:
reni_77 said:
Combat_Baby said:
reni_77 said:
No fear Princess,

I refuse to go any further East than Pontefract after a girl from Skelton kicked me out at 2am for putting my tongue where it shouldnt go, she spent all day on the pop telling me how dirty she was then got undressed under the quilt the fat f*ck..

At least with a Leeds girl your guaranteed a look at her clout prior to frolics.

reni_77 said:
Combat_Baby said:
reni_77 said:
Combat_Baby said:
reni_77 said:
No fear Princess,

I refuse to go any further East than Pontefract after a girl from Skelton kicked me out at 2am for putting my tongue where it shouldnt go, she spent all day on the pop telling me how dirty she was then got undressed under the quilt the fat f*ck..

At least with a Leeds girl your guaranteed a look at her clout prior to frolics.
Still the same big headed knob then :D

Correct, if your ever in Leeds ill treat you to a sesame seed bagel, Costa Coffee and forty minutes of intense fingering whilst I hiss obscenities into your ear..