Malicious Rumours

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Jip Travolta, Nov 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's my understanding that spreading 'malicious rumours' in the Army is verboten.

If you're the recipient of an anonymous and false accusation by a third party, i.e. a malicious rumour, what steps can you officially take to redress it?

Can you force the third party to be revealed so as to issue a challenge of proving said accusation?

Or rip their head off...

[align=center]ARMY
    Be Suppressed[/align]

2. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Every lie has a grain of truth, otherwise the lie/rumour would not have been generated.

Come on, dish the dirt!

3. someone told me you do it with sheep??

4. :D

5. I heard that the Ricicles factory is closing soon.

6. Not necessarily there are many on the planet who, being inadequate in character, will make crap up about others to appear to raise themselves above their mediocre level, or on a commercial level make up stories and publish them as news.

7. Thanks.

The Chain of Command know the source - but they're not telling me who. Yet, they see fit to level accusations at me.

Stand by. $$$$$$$$$

8. You should initiate a Service Complaint IAW Section 334 of the Armed Forces Act 2006. Your Adjutant can help you. You should request that the accusation against you be withdrawn. The CO has to respond to you within 30 days BY LAW. You do not have to accept his finding and can pass it up for further investigation.

9. I told a load of Jennies at HMS Daedalus that my oppo was Hep C, for a good looking bloke he wasnt happy to spend 2 weeks on course with nil poontang, the rumour also trickled back to Stonehouse and unfortunately his missus. He punched me, hard, twice..

10. Is this the rumour about my 15" penis again?

I only started that yesterday!

11. I heard it was 15mm

12. Thanks LAIT / devexwarrior. :)

13. Hahaha, hope it hurt, give him my thanks if you see him!!! :D

14. Aint that the truth, I once caught an ex squaddie stealing a lot of money from the poppy fund, and he started so many rumours and lies about me just to cover up the theft.

He also "borrowed" £250 from branch funds to pay his phone bill. When this came to light some months later, he said he had to otherwise he would be unable to continue his role as branch committee member.
    :cry:

15. We have a similar situation at my work! so i know this is the case!! good advice DW

PM