Male Organ and Economic Growth: Does Size Matter*?

Linky
Abstract

This paper explores the link between economic development and penile length between
1960 and 1985. It estimates an augmented Solow model utilizing the Mankiw-Romer-Weil
121 country dataset. The size of male organ is found to have an inverse U-shaped
relationship with the level of GDP in 1985. It can alone explain over 15% of the variation in
GDP. The GDP maximizing size is around 13.5 centimetres, and a collapse in economic
development is identified as the size of male organ exceeds 16 centimetres. Economic
growth between 1960 and 1985 is negatively associated with the size of male organ, and it
alone explains 20% of the variation in GDP growth. With due reservations it is also found
to be more important determinant of GDP growth than country's political regime type.
Controlling for male organ slows convergence and mitigates the negative effect of
population growth on economic development slightly. Although all evidence is suggestive
at this stage, the `male organ hypothesis' put forward here is robust to exhaustive set of
controls and rests on surprisingly strong correlations.

JEL Classification: O10, O47
Keywords: economic growth, development, male organ, penile length, Solow model
So being modestly hung can be good for the economy, go figure. Does being in possession of a tiny todger drive men to excel where as those with an adequate trouserful simply go all slack?

From the conclusion:
For obvious reasons the male organ narrative yields little in terms of feasible
policy recommendations. Beyond mass [im]migration, not much can be done
on the average size of male organ at the population level. Still, one practical
and serious implication stands out. Namely, these ndings spell trouble for
countries with large male organs since they evidence both low levels and growth
rates of GDPs. In fact it would be interesting to analyze whether the patterns
laid out here have any predictive power in the post-1985 era { did countries
with little male organs continue their growth spur and vice versa? However,
omitting further policy discussion at this point is sensible given that the results
are evidently tentative.

Even with the reservations outlined above the `male organ hypothesis' is
worth pursuing in future research. It clearly seems that the `private sector'
deserves more credit for economic development than is typically acknowledged.

That explains why this country is in the shit then.

From 1997 until he was booted, It's economy was in the hands of the biggest prick ever!!!

It explains why Africa never bothered getting it's act together. They had better things to do with their time and more-than-adequate means to do it with.

Now that the US finally has a President with nothing to prove in the trouser department, here's hoping there'll be fewer daft ideas about military support to the civil economy.

B

Barbarella

I had the great pleasure of spending two years with a significantly larger than average appendage. It's owner has never needed to endure a day of work in his life, due to an even greater bank balance, but has worked for fun anyway! Even more reason to hate him than those fat bastards - I mean delightful lottery winners... Alas he is a bloodly nice bloke too.

I suspect that the author of the article felt need to excuse his inadequate trouser department by means of an elaborate theory, which could hardly be dispelled without the entire country dropping their trousers...

I had the great pleasure of spending two years with a significantly larger than average appendage. It's owner has never needed to endure a day of work in his life, due to an even greater bank balance, but has worked for fun anyway! Even more reason to hate him than those fat bastards - I mean delightful lottery winners... Alas he is a bloodly nice bloke too.

I suspect that the author of the article felt need to excuse his inadequate trouser department by means of an elaborate theory, which could hardly be dispelled without the entire country dropping their trousers...
Barbarella I never knew you were a transsexual? I presume you had the op mid-teens if you only spent "two years with a significantly larger than average appendage"?

B

Barbarella

Barbarella I never knew you were a transsexual? I presume you had the op mid-teens if you only spent "two years with a significantly larger than average appendage"?
Alas the damned thing didn't take and I have been resigned to a hefty dose of penis envy ever since...

Alas the damned thing didn't take and I have been resigned to a hefty dose of penis envy ever since...
Think yourself lucky. I have penis regret every fucking day!

;-)

You knew Andrew Lloyd Webber then?

Think yourself lucky. I have penis regret every fucking day!

;-)
Why do you? is it the innocent eyes of a 100 virgin Thai boys got you regretful..you child trafficker!

Why do you? is it the innocent eyes of a 100 virgin Thai boys got you regretful..you child trafficker!
You know what. You have just become too boring for words to convey. Welcome to ignore.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Golf_one_one Lonely Hearts 40
leeanne Lonely Hearts 247
M Officers 25