Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Male Officers - Pierced Ears

Status
Not open for further replies.
skypilotuk said:
When and where was it ever enshrined that someone had a 'right' to wear an ear-ring? Fed-up hearing about people's 'rights'; what about the obligations and duties of an officer not to look like a chav on parade - what's next, regimental bling?

Oh come on man, its the 21st Century! I think there is scope to have officers dress down a little. I am thinking Burbury Fleeces, Purple crimpoline pimp suits and those two tone shoes from the 80's mod revival! Lets face it when you guys are off duty, you wear the most bizarre clothing known outside of Mongolia! Those fecking red mole skin trousers, Barbour jackets, bright green Wellingtons and deerstalker hats just don't cut it any more dude! :D Take a trip down to M&S and treat yourselves. You deserve it after all those years in the fashion wilderness.

morlanddes3.jpg

Do you really think you will still get (if indeed you already have) the respect of others within your unit.
But yet again some of you do wear pink shirts.

Heartbreaklane said:
billc said:
You'll be wanting to wear skirts and tights on parade next

Hey, don't knock it.... etc. :D

Absolutely. You never know until you try you might actually like it. Its a bit like hair really women can tie there's back into buns where men have to have it short or they get an "Oi Get yer hair cut"

craftsmanx said:
Tampax anyone?

Go on be daring wear the ones with a skirt

barbarasson said:
Horrific as earring-wearing is as a pathetic sign of rebellion,

Oh yes all woman are rebels :)

mynameis said:
What a stupid thread! :roll:

Oh I don't know it defiantly has potential.

I think that the responses tus far indicate adegree of homphobia and ignorance. Allowing personnel to wear jwelry isn't the same as making it compulsory, nor does it preclude situations when it would be both inappropriate and incorrect for it to be worn. I think that the army must move with the times. If the Capt of a National sports team can sport a bit of erac candy why shouldn't CGS say?

The role of a soldier does not include asserting one's individuality. That's why we all wear uniforms.

The role of an officer is not to flaunt that rule or offer protest or rebellion. More especially, we should not hope that our rank will deflect the flak.

So, no earrings for any men under my command, until or unless I am commanded otherwise.

FF.

Outstanding said:
I think that the responses tus far indicate adegree of homphobia and ignorance.

Get back to your copy of the Guardian you patronising cnut. Because the people who have posted think it is laughable for a soldier or officer to want to wear an earing you start with that crap...

1. "Civility to all"

2. A pointlessly provocative - even 'trolling' - thread IMHO. Thus locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.