Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Male Officers - Pierced Ears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that female officers are allowed to wear ear studs, is it time that those "rights" were provided for male officers too?

No. Thanks. Unless you are pretty enough to be at least 8/10 in stockings and suspenders. Then we can just throw you to the RM.

This is a perfect example of how out of touch the Army really is - I think men stopped wearing ear rings when the eighties finished... :?

I've a question - should the Army try to actively recruit more Punk Rockers?

:D :D

Outstanding said:
Given that female officers are allowed to wear ear studs, is it time that those "rights" were provided for male officers too?

It was quite common when I was serving

bandana2.jpg

Outstanding said:

And Warrant Officers! :D One for the Academy Sergeant Major :lol: :lol:

When and where was it ever enshrined that someone had a 'right' to wear an ear-ring? Fed-up hearing about people's 'rights'; what about the obligations and duties of an officer not to look like a chav on parade - what's next, regimental bling?

Horrific as earring-wearing is as a pathetic sign of rebellion, it is now done because it looks 'good' [shudders]. As one of the skills of being an officer is good judgement, surely this should never come up as an issue? I remember on my first day in the OTC when the RSM spoke to everyone in the mess about standards. To quote [through the mists of time] 'you aren't allowed to wear jewellry because of health and safety, not because it looks gay'. His tone left the assembled undergrads in no uncertain terms that the main health and saftey issue linked to jewellry would be the tear marks when the RSM ripped it off. Happy, happy, memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.