MalcyArt Auction in aid of Ciara

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Arthur3bums, Feb 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear All
    I promised a while back having read in the current Affairs board of the plight of a serving 1RTR WO1(Mac McGearey) and his family particularly the shambolic treatment of his little girl (Ciara) at the hands of their local authority to auction off a couple of my originals in aid of their fund!! Work has delayed me in the task but, here they are. Apt for the cause, they are of a 1RTR flavour having created a print which has been sold in 1RTR's PRI shop. These photos are a bit dodgy but show the wrapped and mounted pictures ready to ship!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 2 original pencil works are each mounted in Olive Green board to each fit straight into a frame measuring 20" x 16" or 51cm X 41cm. The the pictures are simply a FUCHS (CBRN Regt) and Challenger 2 as served on by 1RTR currently and both vehicles sport the famous 'Chinese Eye'. The pictures are sello wrapped and will come flat packed to the winner of the auction. The highest bidder/winner will need to pay his/her bid to Poppy Scotland and at that time I'll pass him/her that level of detail for payment arrangements and once he/she has paid and I can see the proof of that, the pictures will be shipped first class.
    The bidding starts NOW and will finish at 18:00 on the 28th February. Come on guys and gals let's do what we can to help Ciara and her dad in his mission to raise money for her needs.
    Every little helps so dig deep and bid for a very worthy cause.

2. £20 each to get the ball rolling

3. Are they being sold together, or individually? £25 each or £50 the pair to get the ball rolling

Gadge

4. Gadge mate
    I would rather keep them as a pair because they appear as a pair in the 1RTR Print. Many thanks for your interest mate.

5. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

£75 the pair

cg ;o)

6. Now then guys and gals, a week to go, surely somebody wants to bid up for an extremely worthy cause?? But, thanks for the bids so far - Poppy Scotland are now aware and have put a link to this thread through their site...........the eyes of.............well a lot of people are on us, let's not disappoint either them or, more importantly, Ciara!!!!

7. £100.00.

C'mon CG let's boogie!!! :)

8. CountryGal

I dont often get the chance to boogie lol

£125.00

9. Now you're teasing me!!!!! :D
    £130.00

10. CountryGal

Nah no teasing or dancing, takes me away from all my pie eating lol

£145.00

11. Is that all you eat????? :twisted:

£150.00

12. CountryGal

Im partial to some meat and two veg too ;o)

£160

13. Rightyho guys and gals...............thanks very much for the generous bidding on the pictures. We're now on the final straight and the auction ends on Sunday night so, if anyone else wants to join in........please feel free!! Thanks again and payment details to Poppy Scotland will be published on here Sunday night.

14. Here we are then about 4 hours left to go before someone gets these two originals I've lovingly sketched. I would like to thank both Gadge and Countrygal for taking the time to bid on them and..................it would be nice to think it'll get a bit like EBay where things hot up a bit as the auction ends but somehow I doubt it! Anyway, here is the blurb from Fraser at Poppy Scotland on how to pay into the fund while providing evidence of payment for me to release the pictures. I will leave it up to the winning bidder which way they'd like to make the donation please?? Just let me know which way you propose so I can warn Fraser what to expect. Thanks again to all and I'll be back at the end this evening!

Thanks for your email and thanks also for your support of the Appeal. There are two ways we can handle this. The first would be to ask the winner to make the donation via the online sponsorship page https://secure.artezglobal.com/registrant/donate.aspx?EventID=15526&LangPref=en-CA&SPID=1607962 When someone makes a donation they receive an email by return which will confirm the donor’s details and the amount pledged. We can also check this at the back end of the Artez system as well if needs be. Alternatively we could ask for a cheque (with a covering letter explaining what it was for) and once this had cleared we could let you know and you could issue to artwork.

15. Hi Countrygal

Many thanks and you are the winning bidder. Please contact me at Malcycee@yahoo.co.uk to dicuss details.

This auction is now closed.
    Kind regards and thanks again to all who bidded in this cause.