Malaysian families lose UK fight over 1948 'massacre'

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Sep 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  2. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Insurgents? Insurgents? Terrorists! TERRORISTS! I hate this equivocation, as if this stinking filth had some sort of 'right' on their side instead of being wholly evil, whether Communist or IRA or whatever.

3. Another appology wanted!! shit happens in conflict...some times your on the wrong side!

4. I like the Malayan people and enjoyed serving in Malaysia.
    I believe the 'Emergency' is now taught as a glorious struggle for independence against a ruthless colonial oppressor rather than a brutal Chinese communist insurgency vigorously opposed by the majority ethnic Malays.

I met a couple of Malays in the USA recently, their anti British vehemence surprised me.
    Their attitude was in direct contrast to the wonderful hospitality shown to KOSB Malaya veterans by our affiliated 5th Royal Malay Regiment when they visited their old TAORs in Malaya a few years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

So stand firm against a totalitarian inspired murderous insurrection and allow the new country time to grow and elect its own Govt.
    Yup sounds about right, thats what we have done since 1945 where the politicians havent sold out and run away!

6. Regardless of the wider campaign, I think the claim in this case is that the dead weren't involved in anything more than manual labour for the plantation.

Shit does happen in confusing and deadly situations but being honest about it would at least allow us to say, "why would we cover this one up and not those others?" Automatically assuming that if they're dead they're terrorists seems a bit off, to me.

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.

7. Once again the british cant keep their noses out of other peopels afairs, a country on the other side of the world from you and they start protesting against you and look what happens, a massacre hmm seems that wereever the british go they are massacring the local population

8. You did notice the date perhaps......1948 ?

And you do know that the whole affair was a Chinese communist uprising ? You do know that the MNLA had resorted to violence first after being recognised by British authorities ?

9. Mr_Fingerz

A three step programme for you

1) **** Off

2) Die

3) Never darken our doors again.

Is that simple enough for you? BTW a look at your history books prior to undertaking steps 1 & 2 may prove efficacious.

10. Not that much sense. I see their solicitor is a former "Legal Aid Solicitor of the Year". I wonder if his thirst for justice would have been quite as unquenchable if he wasn't being paid on a "no win, get paid anyway" basis.

11. I'm next door to Malaysia right now. Brunei in fact.
    No one gives a monkeys toss about it around here, as far as I can see.
    Just saying, like.

12. Never too late for compo.....sorry justice. Next stop Supreme Court

13. I'm distinctly annoyed now, I had no idea we were allowed to do that. I have been deprived of something I had a right to do, whom do I sue?

14. Mr_Fingerz

I was referring to the Judiciary - not the mercenary scum who offered the plaintiffs "the disk as their mollusc"

15. The next court case won't be long in coming.....

[​IMG]

"BOOOHOOOHOOO Bear Glills ate my snake!"