Malala Yousafzai

Time flies she has now graduated - are a few Labour MP's hoops twitching that they may be bumped out to make a safe seat for her?

Possibly Conservative MPs too - she was a member of a debating society of which Jacob Rees-Mogg is the Honorary President and allegedly seemed to be entirely at home there.

Possibly Conservative MPs too - she was a member of a debating society of which Jacob Rees-Mogg is the Honorary President and allegedly seemed to be entirely at home there.
That would be brilliant, exploding heads all over the place.
Good luck to her, she is obviously a very bright young woman and I hope she doesn't stray from the common sense path that she has taken thus far.

Wouldn't she have to be a British cititzen? I am not sure if she has full British nationality yet.

My son read PPE at Oxford. He's about to commission into the British Army.
I thought the only qualification for a commission in the British Army was to be the 'right sort of chap or chapess', Clubable, and to have gone to the right school.

Prince Harry managed to get a commission in the Blues and Royals with only one grade B pass in Art (with allegations that he cheated at that.) and a D (fail) in Geography.

If we could do it for Zola Budd....
She was a British citizen by ancestry/descent. Is Malala? I know that that part of the world was part of the British Empire and a lot of those District and Political officers could'nt keep it in their trousers. Who knew.

Last edited:
That would be brilliant, exploding heads all over the place.
Good luck to her, she is obviously a very bright young woman and I hope she doesn't stray from the common sense path that she has taken thus far.
<Snigger>

She was a British citizen by ancestry/descent is Malala? I know that that part of the world was part of the British Empire and a lot of those District and Political officers could.nt keep it in their trousers. Who knew.
Malala is an honorary Canadian citizen, I know that. She did once say that she wanted to go back to Pakistan after her degree, but ISTR that an array of professional advice that permanent residency in Pakistan would be near suicidal swiftly followed that statement... granting her and her family British citizenship (if they don't have it and would accept it) would probably cause Katie Hopkins to drop dead of apoplexy, so quite what Boris is waiting for I'm not sure...