Malala Yousafzai

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jemadarjo, Oct 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Malala arrives in the UK today for medical treatment. She was shot by Soldiers of the Afghan Taliban Army because she wanted to go to school, something that is against the Policy of the Afghan Taliban Army.
    I hope the Ladies who were protesting about a video outside of the office of Google yesterday will also be at the airport to meet her and show their support.

Ladbrook 1000,000 to1
    Betfair 1000,001 to 1
  2. No such thing as the Afghan Taliban Army - gives them an air of legitimacy they don't deserve
    • Like Like x 6

3. Afghan Taliban Army?,FFS,she was shot by a murdering coward in Pakistan,a murdering coward who believes in a cult from the Middle Ages.
    • Like Like x 9
  4. Where do you get your information from?

I wish the girl well & if she is about to be treated here, as you say, then well done the NHS & all those involved in bringing her to the UK. As a civilised country, it's the least we could do for the girl.

It just goes to show, how uncivilised Pakistan really is. They have a nuclear capability with a middle ages mentality......Not good at all!
    I'm surprised Obama hasn't got them lined up after Iran, for a bit of instant sunshine!

But Afghan Taliban Army, betrays your lack of knowledge & understanding.
    Tut tut tut!

Have you ever served?
  5. Its another lazy journo i shall leave all punctuation out and make many as grammatical errorz and speeling misystaked az oi caan in the hope thats journos pop there heeds and dont cum bk!
  6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

The aeromed is being paid for by the UAE. I used to do some aeromed work for them, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are also paying for her treatment.
  7. Pakistan are paying for treatment.
  8. [Cynicism]Using cash from the UK aid budget? [\Cynicism]
  9. Our prayers and thoughts are with this young girl and sincerely hope she gets well soon x
    • Like Like x 5
  10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I must say, that this is one brave little girl, and I wish her all the best. She'll get good treatment in the UK, and if she (and her family) were to say later - with ample justification - that they would be in danger were they to return to Pakistan, I'd be the first to say "Welcome to Britain" - it's Pakistan's loss, and our gain, in my view.

We may be****ed up in oh so many ways, but at least we don't shoot young lasses in the head for going to school.
    • Like Like x 12
  11. There seem to be parallels between this young lady and a rather gobby peasant girl in the north of France about 600 yrs ago. I hope that Malala fairs better.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

So, in a couple of hundred years we can expect the Taleban emulate the Roman Catholics and change from trying to murder schoolgirls to merely sexually molesting them?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. No - the mongs in Belfast just shout sectarian abuse and threw stones, bricks, fireworks, blast bombs and urine-filled balloons at the schoolchildren and their parents...

Holy Cross Children Abused by Loyalists - YouTube

14. 1.
    Money well spent, I would say!

2. What the Mongs did to the children from The Holy Cross was disgusting, and betrayed a medieval mind set.

Difference was that some on the other side wern't exactly slow to set things up, or exploit them , were they?
  15. The Holy Cross protests were just about the most disgusting thing I have seen in NI but the claims bricks, fireworks and blast bombs were being thrown at the kids are not true. All those things were used but were thrown at the police and army units in the side streets holding the route, not at the kids. None of the children were injured at any point, at least not physically injured.
    • Like Like x 1