Makings of a cold / Flu

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by LeatherHead, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. LeatherHead

LeatherHead Swinger

Hello all.

I'm after some advice, again. I've had a (quick) search of the forum, and nothing specific came up. Hoping someone can provide an answer.

I've got my second Interview on the 2nd of June, 6 days from today. The problem i am having, is i've got the makings of a cold. Sore throat, blocked nose and all the other symptoms.

Will it be held against me in any way if i phone my recruiter, and ask for a new date to be set for my interview? I know well it doesn't look good, but i'm equally unsure about mincing into the office with a head-cold.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Problem solved!

3. Knowlesy

Knowlesy Old-Salt

i sgree with above... and also drink lots of water :) hope it goes well

if its only a cold youl be fine, but if its the flu youl have to re arrange it, so fingers crossed its just a cold (and not man flu :p )

4. LeatherHead

LeatherHead Swinger

Oh its man-flu alright.

The missus will be worked off her feet if (when) it gets worse! And thanks - Simple question, bloody obvious solution! :oops:

5. Krek_Brizzle

Krek_Brizzle War Hero

Gargle with whisky before bed. I'm not fecking around, this really works. It will kill the bacteria and stop it multiplying in your throat while you sleep (ever noticed a sore throat is always worst in the morning?). I suggest 10-year-old Macallan.

6. bmal

bmal Clanker

Make a hot toddy before bed; a good helping of whiskey (as krek_brizzle said) a few spoons of honey, tiny bit of lemon juice, chuck it all in a cup of hot water. It works a treat.

7. LeatherHead

LeatherHead Swinger

Drinking one now - Thanks!

If this doesn't work though, it'll still be worth the effort. Its lovely! :)

I opted for Fetercairn - 12 year old :)

8. Disco

Disco LE

Is there a full moon out tonight?? For crying out bloody loud!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.