Makings of a cold / Flu

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by LeatherHead, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all.

I'm after some advice, again. I've had a (quick) search of the forum, and nothing specific came up. Hoping someone can provide an answer.

I've got my second Interview on the 2nd of June, 6 days from today. The problem i am having, is i've got the makings of a cold. Sore throat, blocked nose and all the other symptoms.

Will it be held against me in any way if i phone my recruiter, and ask for a new date to be set for my interview? I know well it doesn't look good, but i'm equally unsure about mincing into the office with a head-cold.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
  2. [​IMG]

Problem solved!
  3. i sgree with above... and also drink lots of water :) hope it goes well

if its only a cold youl be fine, but if its the flu youl have to re arrange it, so fingers crossed its just a cold (and not man flu :p )
  4. Oh its man-flu alright.

The missus will be worked off her feet if (when) it gets worse! And thanks - Simple question, bloody obvious solution! :oops:
  5. Gargle with whisky before bed. I'm not fecking around, this really works. It will kill the bacteria and stop it multiplying in your throat while you sleep (ever noticed a sore throat is always worst in the morning?). I suggest 10-year-old Macallan.
  6. Make a hot toddy before bed; a good helping of whiskey (as krek_brizzle said) a few spoons of honey, tiny bit of lemon juice, chuck it all in a cup of hot water. It works a treat.
  7. Drinking one now - Thanks!

If this doesn't work though, it'll still be worth the effort. Its lovely! :)

I opted for Fetercairn - 12 year old :)
  8. Is there a full moon out tonight?? For crying out bloody loud!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.