Making your headshots count.

The linked SciAm report on Senator Giffords makes interesting reading. Some important lessons come out of it.

1. Use a bullet that fragments (and use multiple bullets).
2. Fire across the brain (or into the midbrain)
3. Pick a spot that is remote in time from a brain trauma unit.
4. Kill any aides who look semi-competent.
5. Post-shooting (whilst everyone is running around in panic), wrap the target's skull in steel bands and quick-setting concrete to ensure the brain hasn't got room to swell.

(on a serious note, she is likely to have severe cognitive damage but I hope she's one of the lucky ones who gets off relatively lightly; good drills on the part of her aide, Daniel Hernandez)

The linked SciAm report on Senator Giffords makes interesting reading. Some important lessons come out of it.

1. Use a bullet that fragments (and use multiple bullets).
2. Fire across the brain (or into the midbrain)
3. Pick a spot that is remote in time from a brain trauma unit.
4. Kill any aides who look semi-competent.
5. Post-shooting (whilst everyone is running around in panic), wrap the target's skull in steel bands and quick-setting concrete to ensure the brain hasn't got room to swell.

(on a serious note, she is likely to have severe cognitive damage but I hope she's one of the lucky ones who gets off relatively lightly; good drills on the part of her aide, Daniel Hernandez)
My PPK was always loaded with hollow point ammunition... thank goodness it was never used on a person....

L

Lechies

The closest I ever got to shooting someone was with a catapult made from a bed spring and elastic bands begged from the postie, mind you it was pretty powerful. Micky H certainly didn't like my single tap to the side of his head from 3ft with it anyway.

Go for quality not quantity 357, 158gr SJHP minimum caliber
No such luxury availabe...it was either the Walther or 9mm Browning....the Browning was a good pistol but not ideal for plain clothes work.

Worked well enough in Gibraltar 20-odd yrs ago. Lovely sidearm.
Only against 'unarmed', 'peaceloving' er 'soldiers' who should have been given a chance to surrender* :D

*Got a nice flavius to it...

Mrs Giffords is a hotty though.