Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making the most of Service travelling.

I’m away with work at the moment and staying in a reasonable hotel. There’s no time to enjoy the surroundings. Can I extend my stay in the hotel and just not claim the “non-work” days back?
Also is it acceptable to pre plan this and book a later return flight on the company ie MOD?

I’m away with work at the moment and staying in a reasonable hotel. There’s no time to enjoy the surroundings. Can I extend my stay in the hotel and just not claim the “non-work” days back?
Also is it acceptable to pre plan this and book a later return flight on the company ie MOD?

Yes, of course it is.

The answer is yes. Fact.

Unfortunately for you, having that said to you from a bloke on the Internet (who happens to have the word ‘spaceman’ in his name) doesn’t help you. It’s the attitude of the guy who signs off your T&S budget that counts. You’ll have to ask them.

Download the Relevant JSP and read it?

D

Deleted 3147

As long as MoD incurs no additional costs, and you use ILA, its acceptable. I do it all the time especially if long haul destinations - I'll bang on a LWE or weeks leave in if the currents Mrs A2 is happy.

To be very sure, make sure your budget manager knows when you book what you intend.

Latest Threads