Making Lanyards

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by wedge_cadman, Oct 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Gent's,
    Has anyone got instructions on how to make a flat lanyard the same as the one worn. I have searched google and there's plenty of square lanyards to be had, but no flat ones.
    B3 Knots and Lashings in the dim and distant past has been erased from memory and I cant find my Course folder.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

REgards
    W_C

2. wedge_cadman

Excellent.. the dog can now have a proper lead made

3. wedge_cadman

nice but probably won't survive first contact with a 9.5 stone rhodesian ridgeback, therefore "hat"cord lanyard style ;-)

4. or any "2 sewers" lassie. :thumright:

5. wedge_cadman

i was the wrong side of the bar to get a sewers girl.. ;-) being sober and seeing the state of what came and went ... those were the days

6. Try looking on you-tube for videos posted by someone called tying it all together, or TIAT for short. I'm sure you will find what you need as he does some very good demos.

7. Maybe Knocker can use these vids :pc:to live up to his user name :cheese: for once and actually learn how to tie some knots instead of his usual Sapper knot - can only be untied with a knife. Useless fecker was that crap he had Velcro tabs on his boots. I believe on the knots and lashing phase of his B3 and B1 he was sent to the Jacko with 50p from the Tp PS :donut::donut::donut::donut: to ensure that he did not bring down the overall score of his Tp to that of the All Arms Pioneers Course.^_~

8. Make sure you start with a fecking long bit of cord or it will end up as a keyring! I ran a few up from paracord on my B1 for some lads, if you need any help drop me a pm.

MM

9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

It's a flat sinnet with a two core foundation - if you can tie a half-hitch you can make one of these.

Ensure your foundation or core is about double the length of the lanyard you require.
    Loop this over a hook so that both live ends are equal.
    Secure the centre of the outer into this loop using an overhand or figure-eight knot.
    Tie one of the outer cords in a half-hitch around the foundation, then do the same with the other outer cord.
    Now crack on in the same manner.

Remember to keep alternating or you will end up with a spiral sinnet, which while decorative will make you look a cnut.