Making a routine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pendulum, Feb 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm wanting to reapply for the army.

But i let myself go a bit, and started smoking again.

So im now wanting to get fit before i even think of entering the Office.

So im just scouting around for the best weekly plans that people have make.

Such as running and weigh training.

Also with Press-ups and sit ups, I can do around 15-20 chin ups no problem, but with sit and press ups, im pretty pathetic.

Any sort of routine to get better at 'em, or just throw 'em in when i can?

2. You must have a structure.

Read this: aimed at bodybuilders I know but sets out some of the many basic mistakes that can be made.

http://rawgrip.com/Building-Your-House.html

Many think joining a half decent Gym and getting a personal trainer reeks of middle class trendiness and so is to be reviled. But that is only so if you are poncing about.

You will end up with a far better end result if somebody who knows their stuff helps you to devise and then adapts your routines to meet your chosen goals.

3. hi all, ive been to the office spoke to the lads there so now im on the way to joining ive signed up to the RLC (dont spit) going in as rad opp,driver
    ive just turned 30 and need to sort out my BMI now i had a bit of the usal shite that live kicks up and had a 5month break and moved area so now im needing to get back into it the fitness side my nearest ACO is a fair way now has any one got a link to a circuit traning plan ? i need to lose about 2stone lol quick as its been a year since i first walked in bad i know thats life . ive looked at the above links but no good for me as my location any help or ideas to get mind in gear and to crack on would be very thankful

all the best
    Dave

4. Best advice I can give you is find a decent gym and speak to the duty instructor - if they don't have one, don't join that gym - and tell them exactly what you want to achieve. A good instructor will then be able to set up a training plan tailored to your specific needs and abilities. He/she will also be able to advise you on diet.

Everyone is different, and it's better you work with someone who knows what they're doing on a one-to-one basis.

Good luck.

5. I also reccomend britmilfit. I used to train with them twice weekly but I chickened out for the winter months, starting up again in april after my AOSB(B). They are really, really, REALLY good at making you work hard.

Well worth the money.

J.

6. thanks all for the input all good to know got my running shoes 2day and crackin on with it loads of woodland and rivers in my location and on my way !! thanks again
    take care