Making a rota

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Need some help with this one... I am trying to create a rota that covers 24x 7 for 6 weeks... I have 5 people that need to cover the above as well as provide cover for illness etc while allowing maximum time off. Not allowed to have sleeping "cover" either. No matter how I do it, I always end up with gaps and it's doing my head in now... Help?

Do your own work you lazy cunt. I've got enough of my own to do.

However, I did Google "rota creator" and got lots of options for free software that will do it for you.

do it for 4 people and leave yourself out of it?

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's very easy! The girly with the biggest tits doesn't get the graveyard shift.

Believe me, she will thank you.

Four shifts of six hours per day. Bloke on from midnight to 6am has next day off as well as the rest of the day he worked, effectively almost two days. Whole roster shifts up the next day with 6am to midday bloke taking midnight to 6am and then next day off, midday to 6pm moving to 6am to midday slot and so on. Should have the longer period off just about once a week per person.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
All good advice so thank you. Unfortunately I have been delegated on so no luck there, and we have no girls :(
Will have a look on google though, didn't know there were clever things that did it for you (always thought that was what minions were for)

All good advice so thank you. Unfortunately I have been delegated on so no luck there, and we have no girls :(
Will have a look on google though, didn't know there were clever things that did it for you (always thought that was what minions were for)
Try this which you can run ad infinitum.

d n d n d n d n d n d n d n d n d n d n d n d n
b a b a c b c b d c d c e d e d a e a e b a b a

d & n denote days and nights and a-e are the people. This would be the default setting but there are hardly ever 5 people available as one is always on course, leave, sick or training etc so a 4 way is more common. That would be 2 days, 2 nights, 4 days off, rather than the 6 days off in this model. You could always have the person on their 5 and 6th days off in to work on office hour support or on call, but that would lift their working hours.

The 5 way is an average 33 1/2 hour working week, plus HO/TO time, whereas the 4 way is 42 hours plus HO/TO time. That would be fairly standard for a lot of armed forces permanently static 24/7 setups.

As always,ask them what they want to do.Make sure everyone is happy with the rota.
Then 30 minutes prior to shifts starting change it all for no apparent reason.Don't take any shit from someone claiming to have to take their dying Mother to hospital,and the best bit,don't allow any time for anyone to eat whilst doing 16 hour shifts.
Yes, Lt Knobby-Brown I'm talking to you.
Cnut.

Four shifts of six hours per day. Bloke on from midnight to 6am has next day off as well as the rest of the day he worked, effectively almost two days. Whole roster shifts up the next day with 6am to midday bloke taking midnight to 6am and then next day off, midday to 6pm moving to 6am to midday slot and so on. Should have the longer period off just about once a week per person.

Thanks very much for................... errr............... making it clear :?

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
2 guys on days 7 on 4 off 7 on 3 off
2 guys on nights 7 on 4 off 7 on 3 off
With the last bloke 7 on 4 off 7 on 3 off split shift

Actually looking at it, thats a bag of shit so forget it.

Need some help with this one... I am trying to create a rota that covers 24x 7 for 6 weeks... I have 5 people that need to cover the above as well as provide cover for illness etc while allowing maximum time off. Not allowed to have sleeping "cover" either. No matter how I do it, I always end up with gaps and it's doing my head in now... Help?
You don't say what you are doing or how many you need on shift...

what about DENOS?

Day, Evening, Night, Off, Standby.

0800 - 1400, 1400 - 2000, 2000 - 0800.

1 D E N O S
2 E N O S D
3 N O S D E
4 O S D E N
5 S D E N O

Standby covers any one who skives. With the Evening chappy also on 'Std by' to cover the Day shift as reqired.

If you use that system you'll notice it is quite robust. And will easily see you over your 6 weeks.

I am nominating this for the bone thread of the year award.

Really, any cunt who dicks someone who has to ask the NAAFI Bar in ARRSE how to make rota deserves all they get. Have you never heard of Google, Excel, or just simply using a pen and paper? You thick cunt.
I'm sorry but I simply can't agree, I think it's a fantastic idea.

Could the Naafi clientele also extend their kind advice in my direction?

Ok here's the rub, I'm rewriting my Standing Operating Instruction for Land Priming Equipment Packs it needs to follow the guidelines offered in Joint Service Publication (JSP)886 Volume 3 but must also be compliant with Director Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (Army)'s Engineering Standards. It like the SOI to be structured in an intuitive manner in order to ensure it's accessible to mongs.

Don't worry too much about the font and the formatting I'm happy to sort that out, if you can just ensure that it roughly follows JSP 101 in terms of layout.

Cheers.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Top idea for a thread.

I have to submit a budget and LE taking us to the financial year end, it was supposed to be in yesterday afternoon but I went to the pub instead, I've managed to blag until lunchtime today but I have a stinking hangover and can't really be dealing with numbers this early in the morning.

Total gross sales are predicted as just under £5 million divided among roughly 70 units.

If someone could just knock up a spreadsheet with a load of bollocks on it that would be top.

Cheers.

G

goatrutar

Fair enough Spaz.

I'm having an issue with a Lynx AFCS, there is a split in demand and position in the Collective Channel. Despite following the fault-finding flowchat in AP101C-1307/9-1E2 Ch 71-11-01 p501, I am at a loss on what to do. I want to change the collective servo (well, get an Ac Tech to change it), whereas my Class 1 wants to try throwing a new CAC on and seeing what happens if we carry out BITE Check 42A. I went to the Tiff but he wanted to change the Doppler Panel.

Would anyone have any pointers for me? I've got my safety boots on and have applied barrier cream, am well rested and the aircaft is already on tools. Would anyone like to actually come round and do a collective servo change for me, before the Tiff gets back from Tea & Toast wold be great.
All this bullshit. All you need is a big fuck off hammer. Works for most tech shit.