Makes one proud to be British!!!

• Thread starter Deleted 20555
  • Start date
From what I have observed from all my elderly relatives, anyone over a certain age is at least borderline racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic.
Same here. However I don't class it as racist, homophobic or anti-semitic, it was just the everyday language of their era. An era when a black dog was often called Nigger, not to cause offence, just because it was part of the language. It's more the context and the way the words are used than the words themselves that make them unacceptable.

My humour makes me racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, sexist, disbledist, mongist, Muslimatic, because I laugh & tell at those jokes that are now deemed inappropriate...so which cunts have deemed them inappropriate...they are the cunts who we should watch out for.

But personally I m not racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, sexist, disbledist, mongist , muslimatic, even thou I sort respect you if you follow a religion but you are a Chod if you believe in god.
There is a subtle difference between laughing with and laughing at someone. At a company lunch a few years ago one of the white lads started a joke about Nigerian fraud letters and he did a brilliant impression of a Nigerian. A couple of days later there was a huge investigation because this white right-on HR bint had made a formal complaint about racist jokes. On a table of ten we had two Zimbabweans, Four Indians, a West Indian and the rest white. No-one was offended and the only person that thought anything was wrong was the HR Bint. She also reported me for calling one of the Indian lads Sooty. As he and I had to point out to an investigation, his name is Sudhir and his nickname is Suddi. Hon Y Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

We all take each other far too seriously and should be allowed to poke fun at each other's foibles. I always thought the Going for an English sketch was hilarious because it shows there are two sides to every story.

[video=youtube;xdo79znnHl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdo79znnHl8[/video]

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Hmm. I don't really agree. The media, education, "culture"... if you can control them, or even a good percentage of them, people will think what you want them to think.
There's a difference between educating people that hating or fearing someone because he's got a different coloured skin is foolish and forcing them not think it. At the moment the emphasis is on criminalising people's thoughts, not demonstrating that they're thoughts are illogical.

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
Same here. However I don't class it as racist, homophobic or anti-semitic, it was just the everyday language of their era. An era when a black dog was often called Nigger, not to cause offence, just because it was part of the language. It's more the context and the way the words are used than the words themselves that make them unacceptable.
I agree with you totaly, mate. I especially don't blame or criticise them for their views and opinions of the Germans, Ustasha Serbs, Japanese and the like. I have relations that will not buy, borrow or own anything Japanese or German (especially Japanese). IMHO this does not make them racist.

There's a difference between educating people that hating or fearing someone because he's got a different coloured skin is foolish and forcing them not think it. At the moment the emphasis is on criminalising people's thoughts, not demonstrating that they're thoughts are illogical.
So where are you billeted?

Do you want a biscuit with your nice tea?

LIMA

Old-Salt
Ah...Proud to be British...such a wonderful phrase thrown lightly into the wind.

"Proud to be British" because someone, because they are old and don`t give a f*ck , has the Balls to speak out against the PC madness and call a Spade a Spade?

or

"Proud to be British" because the PC Brigade have closed down the site and we can carry on pretending that we are all lovey Dovey and that massive social problems, Race hate (in both directions) and the myriad of other problems that plague our society just don`t exist.

or

"Proud to be British" because a long long time ago, a Small Island race was a major player in the World. This is no longer the case and they continue whimpering on about "How great we used to be"

Whilst searching the net for that phrase I came across this site - a collection from various sources of all the things we shouldn`t be proud of. Admittedly the site is a bit old now but I haven`t seen any massive changes in the last few years. I didn`t feel too proud reading it.

'UK shamed again...'

Enoch Powell would turn in his Grave!

So what makes you "Proud to be British".

It's worse than that. It is leaving people uncertain as to what constitutes racism and what doesn't. People begin to fear they cannot pass any comment on anyone who isn't white without it being construed as racist. That is unfair and rightly seen as being unfair and it disadvantages people who were brought up in a free society were you were encouraged to poke fun at authority and see the ridiculous in certain situations. When people feel they are being unfairly treated they tend to resent to ones who seem to be over-protected.

Equality should be about treating all people the same all else being equal. It is not about setting a person or groups of people up as sacrosanct and beyond inclusion. Equality is being able to call and arsehole an arsehole no matter what his or her's race, religion, sexual orientation or whatever happens to be. If a person is a cunt then call them one, you just don't need to call them a black/whatever cunt.

I made few points with my boss years back by telling her those afflicted with PC are POLITICALLY CONSTIPATED and the treatment is a high colonic with a five inch fire hose.

Try discussing "race" issues with someone who's recently left primary school.

If you're over thirty you'll feel like Hitler.

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
Try discussing "race" issues with someone who's recently left primary school.

If you're over thirty you'll feel like Hitler.
I was told by my dad "the older you get, son the more right wing you get". For my 65th birthday I'm planning anchluss with Austria and a tour of the Sudetanland.

I'm a grumpy old man and proud of it.

As an aside however I went on a SAGA holiday to Italy last year (yes I am old enough to qualify). Other SAGA holidaymakers staying at the hotel included:

An elderly chap who had fought in Normandy as an infantryman.
A national serviceman who spent his two years as a cook.
An ex-RAf type who served just after WW2
An ex-crab national serviceman
A mixed race couple - white wife and black husband.

I chatted with all of them during the holiday and they were all nice folks. The black chap and his wife were a lovely couple - the husband was the sort who is normally referred to as a real gentleman - very polite, well spoken, well dressed etc.

The only trouble we had was when some foreign types (German IIRC) at a nearby table made some muttered comments about a black man with a white woman. Typically they did not say anything to their face. Shame really as both the national serviceman cook (who was a big bloke and still looked like he could take care of himself) and I had decided to get involved if they got out of hand.

Just my 5p's worth.

As for me - I'm a moderate - I think all extremists, left or right, religious or whatever, should all be put to death so the rest of us can get on with our lives.

Rodney2q

I chuckled the other night at a stand up describing his less-than-PC old man as "Dadolf".

And at Eddie the Eagle commenting that his new nom-de-quasicelebrity is Eddie the Seagull.

..., Ustasha Serbs, .....
Hotel_California,The Ustasha were Croatian nazi-sympathizing fascists who killed tens of thousands of Serbs, Bosniaks, Jews, Gypsies, commies, etc...

Don't mix up you Slavs, FFS. The Serbs have it hard enough as is.