Makes one proud to be British!!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Schaden, Feb 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

2. Not surprised, for a lot of companies a "chat" or "message" facility on the website is more trouble than it's worth.
  3. I wonder sometimes how ARRSE has been getting away with it for so long?
  4. I don't think it is PC silliness. My Parents are 86 and 84 and some of the things they come out with would be out of order if written down. However they are saying it as people who lived most of their lives where there was no such thing as racism or homophobia. The bloke down the road was a darkie or a black bloke, or the other guy was a poof. None of it meant in a nasty way by them but if written down it could be taken as a nasty comment.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

From what I have observed from all my elderly relatives, anyone over a certain age is at least borderline racist, homophobic and anti-Semitic.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

No, they're just used to saying what they think. Just because you ban the outward expression of tribalism won't stop people thinking it. Bigottry is not controlled by what you say. People think that "1984" was saying that eventually governments will control people's thoughts through control of language, but it says the opposite - no matter how much you control people they'll still think what they want to think.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. So it is PC sillyness then! but at the end of the day "sofuckingwhat" the idea people getting upset by a bit of name calling and that sort of stuff is nothing compared to the people who are trying to be "right on" and PC I fucking hate it...!
  8. An Indian friend of my mum & dads said that the worst thing that happened to coloured people was the Race relations act.
    Before that he was just the bloke with the 'funny colored skin' after that he was special, a minority and had to be treated specially. Soon he started getting called wog or p*ki etc in the street.

9. No I meant that it is not PC silliness that the forum is shut down.
    What is said and what is meant are one thing, but the written word has no inflection or humour or non meaning so it can be read in any way that the reader wants to view it.
    Because of this SAGA would not want to be sued or brought into disrepute.
  10. Hmm. I don't really agree. The media, education, "culture"... if you can control them, or even a good percentage of them, people will think what you want them to think.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. My humour makes me racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, sexist, disbledist, mongist, Muslimatic, because I laugh & tell at those jokes that are now deemed which cunts have deemed them inappropriate...they are the cunts who we should watch out for.

But personally I m not racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, sexist, disbledist, mongist , muslimatic, even thou I sort respect you if you follow a religion but you are a Chod if you believe in god.
  12. Anyone know any other sites to groom GILF's ?
    • Like Like x 1

13. Maybe because users of this site don't give a flying fuck!!

Also any thread that is down-right offensive doesn't last long before being removed by the MODs.
  14. I'm with you on that one, less for the homophobic bit*. It's a nightmare visiting my Grandma and Grandad. The normal conversation goes like this:

GD: "Do you want a nice cup of tea Lovey?"

GD: "Where are you billeted now Lovey?"

GM: "Did you we've got a <<darkie>> (whispered tones) living down the road?"

GD: "Do you want a biscuit with that nice tea? Is it hot enough Lovey? I can always make you another."

GD: "Have you been watching the cricket?"

GM: "Have you been watching Dancing on Ice?

GM: "<<They've got children you know? I double lock the door every night>> (more whispering).

People wonder why I don't go back to Widnes to visit. I have no idea why.

*Their youngest son is gay, and he's about 55 now. They handled it well though.
    • Like Like x 1

15. I am apparently a racist because I am an indigenous white Brit.
    • Like Like x 2