Makers' Central - Birmingham NEC. 11-12 May 2019

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
(Not sure exactly where this fits, but this Forum gets plenty of views so for maximum exposure it's here)

Ladies and Gents. Makers Central is a two day event at the NEC Birmingham (Link: Makers Central). It is organised by a YouTube maker by the name of Nick Zammeti (Youtube link here) and covers almost every type of hand craft. Wood turning, forging and other types of metal craft, CNC, fabric crafts, 3D printing, furniture making, and pretty much everything else. A number of YouTube makers from all over the world will be attending. Some will give demonstrations on a main stage, others at individual stands. Amongst the names who are coming is Britain's own mad inventor Colin Furze, from New York Jimmy Diresta, Heath Knuckles, and many more. There will be plenty of trade stands (Record Power, Dremel, Triton Tools and plenty of others), many of whom offer show discounts on tools and equipment.

I have been in contact with the team who are putting the show together and have secured a discount of 50% off ticket prices using the code VETERANFORCES when purchasing tickets online. This code will also cover anyone you take with you, so it is a substantial saving.

The show ran this year on the May Day Bank Holiday. It was a great success and was very busy. Nick Zammeti has stated that although the show ran this year and again next year, it will not be an annual event, so this may be your last chance to attend.

I know that there are plenty of ARRSErs who enjoy hobbies that are going to be represented, so with the permission of the organisation team I have posted the details here. I have no connection with, nor am I paid or sponsored by anyone for advertising and endorsing this show.

So if you fancy a good show, book the weekend of 11-12 May 2019 (1 day or 2 day tickets are available) as either a family weekend or an escape from family, whichever suits you. And maybe, if there is enough interest, we could have an ARRSE mini-meet at one of the hotels or bars on the Saturday evening.