Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major punches Capt's lights out, Cdr wades in and gets the good news as well.

An 18 grand fine for having a scrap while on the piss! Oooft.....thank f**k lm getting out.

About 2006/2007, l had a full on scrap with my OC while in a pub in Gutersloh. He was a hard b*stard and l admit l came out of it worse but he was by no means unscathed.
He got me in his office first thing on Monday morning, shook my hand, apologised, congratulated me on a good fight and we had a great laugh about it. It was never mentioned again.

When men were men and the Army still had a place for them!
What rank were you at the time?

Not sure I'd agree
Pretty pointless trying to reason with a punchy piss head in a civilised manner but on the other hand there were other prople present and sometimes you cannot be seen to be just standing back and allowing that sort of behaviour to go unchallenged.

It he Warrant Officer stuck in the middle that is deserving of sympathy in this one I think

Like I said above mate, trying to reason with someone who's pissed up, getting him in a taxi and the fcuk out of it seems more sensible. The challenge can come when one or both are sober.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Cdr Goodman should have stayed well out of it and sorted it out the next day.

Used to be a standard routine for Officer of the Watch to keep well clear of the guys and gals returning onboard after a shore run - that's what the Coxwain and (where carried) the MAA are there for.

Sadly, Cdr Goodman was in his own home and didn't have many options.

Let's be clear, it's the punchy scrote who should be in the dock, not the host.

Last edited:
Not if the reported salary is correct. LE salaries top out below 60k.

I suspect he was just passed over a decade ago and kept cruising along as a career major. Or the reporter has got his salary wrong.

Level 4 of 7 approx £56k so 7 of 7 would be £60k+

So quite feasible that he is LE.

Any mention of punchy Majors cap badge? Couldn’t see it in the Mail article, but may have missed it as I was skimming through.

Yes L.E Major he was 2 I/C BMATT out here at the time.

Let’s face it, it’s probably fück all to him as he keeps his rank and therefore pension.

He’ll probably make that 6k back from being bought drinks in the mess for being a leg end.

Used to be a standard routine for Officer of the Watch to keep well clear of the guys and gals returning onboard after a shore run - that's what the Coxwain and (where carried) the MAA are there for.

All according to the report from the Mail. The reality of what where and why is probably completely different. Though it seems more common to "not resign" these days, the fact that the sentence seems pretty light says to me that there is more to this.

Last edited:
Do you work for the Courts Martial people drumming up work?

I wish, but I wouldn’t have to drum up work, there are plenty of twats out that.

I stand by what I said; a WO had dragged the bloke away and was getting rid of him. I expect that Cdr Goodman had had a few too many and decided to have a go at said Maj as he was assisted out of the MQ. The sentence is comparatively light for a reason i.e. there were other, aggravating factors.

Quite a bit to see
If it was a pissed up tom belting the pair of them in such a setting, I'm fairly confident he would have lost more than a bit of seniority.
Still its good to see the tradition of double standards being kept.

If only they’d saluted each other

An 18 grand fine for having a scrap while on the piss! Oooft.....thank f**k lm getting out.

About 2006/2007, l had a full on scrap with my OC while in a pub in Gutersloh. He was a hard b*stard and l admit l came out of it worse but he was by no means unscathed.
He got me in his office first thing on Monday morning, shook my hand, apologised, congratulated me on a good fight and we had a great laugh about it. It was never mentioned again.

When men were men and the Army still had a place for them!

Was your OC an LE? If not you can hardly be described as a man if you let a DE knack you.

Was your OC an LE? If not you can hardly be described as a man if you let a DE knack you.

He was an LE and a right hard b*stard. Im glad we were both drunk or it could have been a bit more one sided!

Been there, done that. I was the warrant officer who prevented a dust up between an engineer captain and a Heer major in the watering hole in Der Fatherland. Something was said about the engineer captain saluting the German officer with the Roman salute, but I believe they were both mistaken by about 2/5th. :drunken::drunken:

Latest Threads