Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major punches Capt's lights out, Cdr wades in and gets the good news as well.

Chimp

ADC
The most worrying aspect, is that you Forastero, Sir, read the Daily Mail!

IWC

Clanker
Don't want to sound ageist but at 51 his prospects were somewhat limited anyway... unless an LE after a Garrison QM gig. Should know better at his age etc given the location and profile, I'm actually surprised he didn't get cashiered or a "retirement" request.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
The Senior Service stepping in to sort out a bully who has belted a subordinate, in front of non-UK allies ?

Nothing new here, move along....

Oyibo

LE
Reminds me of this chap:

Band major beat up army chaplain

He was a Parachute Regiment Director of Music (Bandmaster to the rest of us). I didn't know the bloke until one night at a mess do. I saw the seating plan and my heart sank: sat next to the Bandmaster, f*ck: this is going to be one boring evening. He turned out to be an absolute scream, and it was a great night. And the rest is history...

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Modern day lightweights....

1549069876706.png

Squaddies fighting and belting matelots?

Move along, nothing to see here.
Quite a bit to see
If it was a pissed up tom belting the pair of them in such a setting, I'm fairly confident he would have lost more than a bit of seniority.
Still its good to see the tradition of double standards being kept.

Last edited:
I think Commander Goodman would have been better off leaving it until the Major was sober and back at work rather than following him outside "to challenge him" unless the matelot was pissed as well.

Past experience has taught me that it's very rarely one can reason with someone who's pissed up.

I think Commander Goodman would have been better off leaving it until the Major was sober and back at work rather than following him outside "to challenge him" unless the matelot was pissed as well.

Past experience has taught me that it's very rarely one can reason with someone who's pissed up.

You can if you are capable of giving people a slap instead of thinking your rank will help you.

You can if you are capable of giving people a slap instead of thinking your rank will help you.

The cnut should have just left it alone and let the other cnut get in his taxi and go home. Dealt with it the next working day.

The cnut should have just left it alone and let the other cnut get in his taxi and go home. Dealt with it the next working day.

He should have give him a right hander and few boots in the ribs/head and let him know who they top boy was. I suspect though, he thought his rank made a good gum shield. I love it when that happens.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
In Comrade Stackers meritocracy Army you can solve everything by being hard and ignoring all the pointless shit...

And he's got an Olympic Gold for arguing you to death so I wouldn't bother...

In Comrade Stackers meritocracy Army you can solve everything by being hard and ignoring all the pointless shit...

And he's got an Olympic Gold for arguing you to death so I wouldn't bother...

Did saluting stop some officer acting like an ********?

Acting in a manner that I strongly suspect would see a junior rank leaving the army via a stint in MCTC.

He should have give him a right hander and few boots in the ribs/head and let him know who they top boy was. I suspect though, he thought his rank made a good gum shield. I love it when that happens.

Aye whatever, right way and wrong way of doing things, might have gotten away with it years ago but I suspect not so much these days.

Reminds me of this chap:

Band major beat up army chaplain

He was a Parachute Regiment Director of Music (Bandmaster to the rest of us). I didn't know the bloke until one night at a mess do. I saw the seating plan and my heart sank: sat next to the Bandmaster, f*ck: this is going to be one boring evening. He turned out to be an absolute scream, and it was a great night. And the rest is history...
Never realized bandies could punch, generally they always seemed like a slapping crowd.....

So highly decorated DM but no mention of medals?

High jinks...nothing more.

good job Senior service was on hand to supervise thiough..

Not sure I'd agree
Pretty pointless trying to reason with a punchy piss head in a civilised manner but on the other hand there were other prople present and sometimes you cannot be seen to be just standing back and allowing that sort of behaviour to go unchallenged.

It he Warrant Officer stuck in the middle that is deserving of sympathy in this one I think

Latest Threads