Major Nicked Over Fake Gongs !

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ethel_the_Aardvark, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Its the Sun FFS
    I ouldn@t believe them if they told me my name was Jagman
  2. Can't win that one:
    find out they bigged it up - fcuked
    find out they didn't - still leaves a bad taste for those who really earned them and suspicions in the minds of those who want to doubt anyway... :x
  3. Trouble is that the headline of this thread is a bit Sun like, so it assumes that one persons complaint is fact, after all it is the Sun news?paper so should be taken with a saltmine not just a pinch of salt, however it is a no win situation for all concerned.
  4. The Sun,proud supporter of our troops?
  5. I don't know whether or not he stretched the truth about medal citations but his maths is certainly out judging by the assertion he made in this statement re AK47 rifles:

“...the AK47 is a good rifle. You can bury it in the sand for 100 years, dig it out and it'll fire first time.”

Buried for 100 years? They're called AK47 for a reason!
  6. He's saying you can bury it for 100 years and it will still fire, not one has been buried for 100 years. Big difference.

TBH I thought it was a little suspect that 3 Conspicuous Gallantry Crosses went to the same unit. Not saying the blokes don't deserve them but it's quite unprecedented on current form.
  7. I think the point that Dragstrip was making is that how could he possibly know that the rifle would still work after being buried for 100 years given that they haven't been in existance for that long in the first place? (with or without being buried).
  8. ...and it's an ongoing investigation. So as usual in cases under investigation, closed pending the outcome.

Thread to be removed shortly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.