• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Major Larry Thorne US Special Forces Hero

A good soldier is a good soldier Trip, whichever side he is on. A remarkable life story and Larry Thorne must have seen a lot of action in his time.

I read about this guy before - running around Vietnam at times with a WW2 Mauser - a weapon he was familiar with and preferred from cold experience. I thought his remains were formally discovered though?

I'll reiterate what's already been said - a brave man is a brave man - end of.

RIP

Hairy_Hacker said:
I read about this guy before - running around Vietnam at times with a WW2 Mauser - a weapon he was familiar with and preferred from cold experience. I thought his remains were formally discovered though?

I'll reiterate what's already been said - a brave man is a brave man - end of.

RIP
HH:

You must have missed this.:

"A single casket bearing the remains of four men killed in a helicopter crash during the Vietnam War was buried June 26 with military honors. Three of those laid to rest were South Vietnamese Air Force crew members. The fourth was a Finnish war hero from World War II who later became a legendary U.S. Special Forces officer."

BTW: Speaking of the Mauser rifle, I wonder if the could be it in the picture of Larry with a rifle slung on his shoulder? :?

Latest Threads