Major dismissed for 'cavalier attitude' to top secret papers

Let me get this straight...
His house was searched because someone alleged that he inflated his tales of courage/ leadership. Surely there is some form of cross-checking tales of daring before awards are dished out? Or is there a push for medals- Rourkes Drift Syndrome?

A bit off thread, but whatever he actually did must have pissed off somebody for him to be dismissed. I've seen all sorts of shenanigans over the years, but anyone actually caught was manipulated into resigning rather than being bowler-hatted.

Z

Zarathustra

A bit off thread, but whatever he actually did must have pissed off somebody for him to be dismissed. I've seen all sorts of shenanigans over the years, but anyone actually caught was manipulated into resigning rather than being bowler-hatted.
The article said he had over 200 electronic "sensitive documents" ammunition and an inoperable pistol. Maybe they're making an example of him, after all as a major he should know better.

I thought he was RIR but article says he was a gunner.

Bloody fool, that'll cost him financially if nothing else (well, a lot else but you know what I mean).

Bloody fool, that'll cost him financially if nothing else (well, a lot else but you know what I mean).
He'll keep his pension though?

39 so assuming about 18 year's service?

What's that worth, about 25k pa?

Would he though? I'm assuming he wouldn't given that he was hoofed?
Removing someone's pension is a ******* huge step. It'd be in the trial report if it was done. Effectively it's retrospectively removing someone's pay - disproportionate unless justified by some fairly hefty legal argument.

Understood about financial implications but I just assumed that given the nature of his immediate dismissal, he would lose his pension rights. Having thought about it I suspect not now and it makes sense but he's still royally rogered himself for future employment.

He'll keep his pension though?

39 so assuming about 18 year's service?

What's that worth, about 25k pa?

Not even close..... I am working on the assumption he was on increment lvl 9 as a Major (the top band)

try £16,378 with compulsory retirement or £14,983 if a PVR pension (this is going on 18 years service on the dot)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Intelligence Cell 4
S The Intelligence Cell 24
msr The Intelligence Cell 29