Major Chris Hunter ex ATO on This Morning

Discussion in 'RLC' started by BusterBee, Apr 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Media junkie and former ATO Chris 'Hunter' who is now a civilian is all over the media again, promoting his new book 'Extreme Risk', no doubt making his military service sound better than it actually was.

Chris Hunter on This Morning

Maybe he should put his money where his mouth is, get back in and do an ATO tour of Afghanistan? Might help him to better appreciate the detail when he is talks about Afghan in the media (which he does a lot) and give him some more up to date material for his next book.

He also seems to be a big fan of 'Hurt Locker'.

2. You're Chris Hunter and I claim my £5!

3. Wrong. Donate the £5.

4. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Hasn't he done some work in Afghanistan? Or is his bio a bit awry?

And wasn't he the consultant to the Hurt Locker, hence the reference?

You wouldn't have got all chippy on us, would you?

5. I see irony is never wasted.........

6. Bloke has an Army career. Get's out and embellishes a wee bit. Makes a few bob without making anyone else look a cnut.

Can't see the problem???

• Like Like x 2
  7. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

MeeeeeeOw. :pissedoff:

8. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Better to watch Lorraine Kelly on the 11th May for a true account of EODness and a plug for the Felix End to End Charity bike ride.

9. At least he's been and done it, unlike many of the other "Security Experts" who get wheeled out to give an opinion and explanation of major security events!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Buster bee - I assume you have already done a tour as an ATO in Afghanistan? If not, bit hypocritical to have a go at CH.

If you want to do a tour, I have no doubt the Army would be delighted to train you at the moment.

11. Further to Really-Fascinating's comments, I believe DEMMS are running courses in IEDD for anyone who cares to have a go! With your knowledge and experience, you should pass it, piece of p*ss!!! !

12. Chris is a personal friend of mine. Absolutely nails bloke.

VH

• Like Like x 1
  13. There is a reason that he is not liked by anyone in the trade and it's got nothing to do with jealousy.

But as this is not the NAAFI………………

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hell, a poster, and a thread have risen from the dead!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Is it something to do with the heat that all these long dead threads are being resurrected?

Must Learn to type faster on this kindle, avoids similar post syndrome.