Major attack in Kabul.......ongoing

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dante242, Apr 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well they need to give those 400 prisoners that escaped something to do
  2. I wonder what that will do about the withdrawal plans, the comment from the Afghan MP was a very interesting one about the ability of the Afghan police to carry out their job.
  3. Nothing to see, move along. We've long lost in afghanistan and the only question now, is who will be the last Tom killed before we get out of Dodge?
  4. Was someone in Talib HQ reading a book about the Tet Offensive, but only got halfway through the book...
    • Like Like x 1

5. This is not the Talibs doing a Tet. This is the Talibs setting the groundwork for being seen having 'seen off' the 'Crusader Forces". it's actually pretty good smarts on the behslf of the Talibs, after all, the goatherd in the street doesn't much know or care we are leaving anyway.
    Perceptions are everything, and we will be seen as having been defeated by achmed the goatherd.
  6. I reckon it's due to the senior officers not being capable, not absorbing management theory and losing their only creative thinker some time ago.

Having said that, don't they do this every year at the same time?
  7. Weren't ISAF only saying a few weeks ago that the Taleban were finished and didn't have the capability to launch large scale attacks again?
  8. Again. Will we never learn?
  9. They've just broken 400 cannon fodder out of nick in Pakistan.

They've probably been building up to this for some time... and I'd expect more. As sunnof points out, if they can indicate a show of strength before ISAF start heading for the exits, then their job 'post-ISAF' is justgetting easier.
  10. Rayc

Rayc RIP

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kommrade, take this man outside and have him shot 'for making defeatist comments' also he didn't sing 'The Internationale' loud enough!
    • Like Like x 1

12. I don't think its anything against the nips (or the Iranians), I think its to show that they have the ability to attack high profile targets that are allegedly secure anywhere in Kabul.
  13. Could there possibly be an extension to tours if their police can't cope and govt is nervous. I would have thought Taliban would up the ante to be in a position of strength anyway?