Major Armstrong MC - not!

An officer and a gentleman, who sounds additionally to have been a security risk and a bit off the rails. How many more are their like him undiscovered?

Wets.

I know of two Officers had a part to play in each other's citation. One was completely embellished. Both got an MC.

I know of another chap who got an award in the Balkans, even though he arrived on scene way after the boys, stated at around 15-20mins! The lad (Pte) who initially responded most definitely deserved the award...power of command!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

chimera

LE
I know of two Officers had a part to play in each other's citation. One was completely embellished. Both got an MC.

I know of another chap who got an award in the Balkans, even though he arrived on scene way after the boys, stated at around 15-20mins! The lad (Pte) who initially responded most definitely deserved the award...power of command!

And so what did you do about it? Since you have stated on a public forum that you have evidence that citations were made up you should be contacting the RMP. Let us know the response.

And so what did you do about it? Since you have stated on a public forum that you have evidence that citations were made up you should be contacting the RMP. Let us know the response.

It was passed up through the CoC, or at least feeling was know by the chat going about the boys.

The earlier award, everyone was very naïve with the system. Again, the rumbling were more vocal. Later, the guy that responded initially was then awarded a commendation after a re-gain.

Last edited:

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
It's always been my perception (rightly or wrongly) that Ruperts seem to get gongs much more easily than ORs. You read about some ballsy lance-jack in Whirl Wore Too running forward and clearing a couple of MG pits. He gets an MiD and his CO (five miles back in the echelon) gets an MC and you wonder: how could that happen?

MsG

chimera

LE
It was passed up through the CoC...

Really? What you told your section 2IC? I challenge you that if you have evidence (as you said you KNOW of two officers that wrote up incorrect citations) to pass that information to the RMP, and we can look forward to seeing more people stripped of their awards.

Plenty more like him kicking about, in the armies rush to promote itself and its 'Ero soldiers it's either turned a blind eye or encouraged to fill quota some dubious awards.
Id wager most can think of examples.

It's always been my perception (rightly or wrongly) that Ruperts seem to get gongs much more easily than ORs. You read about some ballsy lance-jack in Whirl Wore Too running forward and clearing a couple of MG pits. He gets an MiD and his CO (five miles back in the echelon) gets an MC and you wonder: how could that happen?

MsG
...because of the accolades of his/her men, awarded for command and control and combined endeavours.

Disco Dave

Old-Salt
I wouldn't fancy having this bloke as my BC. Sounds a wee bit unstable.

Plenty more like him kicking about, in the armies rush to promote itself and its 'Ero soldiers it's either turned a blind eye or encouraged to fill quota some dubious awards.
Id wager most can think of examples.
The RAF (air side) are very good at using the quota, and/or writing up their people.

still staggin

War Hero
The RAF (air side) are very good at using the quota, and/or writing up their people.

I always did wonder why lots and lots of aircrew /pilots had the D.F.C. i presume it's the riff raff equivalent of theM.C.

Latest Threads