Maj Wendy Blackmore (nee Rose)

Discussion in 'RLC' started by GeneralMalaise, Nov 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For anyone that knew Wendy Blackmore (nee Rose) I append an extract from the Birmingham Mail below:

BLACKMORE Major Wendy Susan (nee Rose) On Thursday 22nd October 2009, Wendy died suddenly at the age of 42. Cherished daughter of Irene and George, sister to Julie, Caroline and Stephen. Life will never be the same and she will be sadly missed by all. Funeral on Monday 2nd November, Campsall, South Yorkshire.

A sad day indeed. Heartfelt thoughts go out to Tim and the children. RIP Wendy.

2. New to the Unit so only knew her by voice, over the phone

My thoughts are with her family

3. Sad news indeed. Condolences to Tim and the children.

4. Crikey!

I knew Wendy in JHQ. I am stunned, she was so lively all the time.

RIP Wendy, condolences to Tim; poor sod.

5. Wendy was serving as a staff officer on FTRS at Prince William of Gloucester Barracks in Grantham as the COS of 1 Log Sp Gp. Her funeral is tomorrow - Mon 2 nov at 1300hrs at The Church of St Mary Magdalane, The Avenue, Capsall, West Riding, Yorkshire and then after the Internment at The Penny Farthing, 52 High Street, Bawtry, Doncaster DN10. No uniform to be worn.

6. I knew Wendy as a young catering officer in Hohne during the 90's and in UKSC(G). Wendy was a breath of fresh air to 7 Bde...always friendly with a massive smile.

Rest in Peace

7. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Roll of Honour updated.

8. Wendy rest in peace.... you did stirling work.... shall miss you

tim and family, we will remember her....... thoughts and prayers with you

9. I joined the WRAC with Wendy, we travelled down from Brum to Guildford on the same train on 6th March 1986. We lost touch though when I left. I am so shocked to hear that she has passed away. I am so sorry for your family Wendy. We had some right laughs together at Mill Hill. Always remember you, got lots of pictures somewhere of me, Wendy, Debbie, Rose, Faith and the lads. My thoughts are with your family x

10. Been out of country and just heard. My thoughts are with you and your family, Tim.

11. I met Wendy back in 93 whilst at 60 SQN. Wendy was a true Lady and had something that most officers lack., a great understanding.

The world is a lesser place without this wonderful person in it.