Main reason for para drop outs?

I was just wondering as ive just recently passed prac, what the main reason is for people droppin out phase 1 during paratrooper training. Obviously im aware its hard going but do you still get timed on steeple chases etc when you are in or can they just drop you for being unfit??

Any help would be great thanks!

As a joe back in Depot in 83-84 (Aldershot) the main reasons for blokes leaving were injury or a realisation that the army was not for them. A few were booted out as being no good, a few transferred to other Regts. My son went through training (Catterick) a few years ago....pretty much the same reasons as above for blokes getting out. Nothing changes

One tip before you go....get good at running, and when you think your good.....get better at it

Best of luck

I was just wondering as ive just recently passed prac, what the main reason is for people droppin out phase 1 during paratrooper training. Obviously im aware its hard going but do you still get timed on steeple chases etc when you are in or can they just drop you for being unfit??

My understanding is that they "Jump" rather than "Drop" out of the plane, oh well everyday is a school day eh!

...I should have added to the above, you are evaluated throughout your time in depot and will have to pass various tests, exercises etc to progress through training before you get anywhere near P Coy. If the staff think your not meeting the required standards you can be back-squaded and have to start again depending on where they think your skills are lacking.

I start 2 October with the PARA's what date's do you have?

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
The reason most drop out is because they turn up full of piss and wind gobbing off about what form of jap slapping they are a black belt in or what football team they were nearly signed for, be under no illusion that training will be like what you did on PRac because if you do you will be in for a big ******* shock.

Any tips for training Day? Sort of nervous and wondering if there will be any lazy pricks in our Section that **** about and talk shit!
Any tips? Certainly. Don't be a lazy prick. Don't **** about and don't talk shit.
That pretty much covers it.

You can pretty much be dropped for any thing any time. We had a guy who was failed on the day before pass out for a "poor attitude." Just don't ever think you have passed till you march off the square on your last day- and then you really start to learn when you get to a Battalion.

when i was in the main reason for the drop-outs were a lot of injuries and many lads who couldnt hack the abuse from instructors they received so they dropped out in their numbers some of them would be very good para`s if there wasnt any bullying, injury and bullying takes it`s toll on the Army as only a few end up passing out and going to their Regiment, this is very dangerous situation especially in a war were there has been the heaviest fighting since the korean war this has been happening since the early seventies, catterick and deepcut scandal etc, some very bad instructors do damage to the Green and can`t except that they were in the wrong and cost Soldiers, i saw it a lot in my time and we would have a much bigger Army if we had better instructors and officers.

and if you dont believe me we have lost tens if not hundreds of thousands of soldiers because of what i have previously mentioned and it is a great loss and very expensive to the taxpayer and the treasury and must be stamped out at once and end initiation ceromonies to its stupid and dangerous and not the behaviour of someone who is going to become a proffesional! Military reform needed urgently!