Main Board pre Briefing

Hi
Am going for my Main Board pre briefing next week on 27th November. Anyone else going then?
Also anyone got any tips on how to climb a rope as I have tried and cannot get anywhere!!!

Grip rope firmly with both hands, clamp rope betweenfront of one leg and the rear of another. pull yourself upwards with hands and when reaching upwards again, clamp the legs together and repeat.
easier demonstrated....

I find the easiest way to climb a rope is to pul up, then hav the rope from the outside of one leg, go under the in-step and over the bridge of the 2nd foot. This creates a "step" so you can move hands higher to repeat this same action. A rope in the gym can be scaled pretty damn sharpish if you got the right technique so try it out first. Works well for me :D any dramas drop me a bombshell. Njoy the brief too.... Devo

ive tried that. I dont know if its because Im wearing the wrong sort of trainer or not bu tit just isnt happening as everytime I go to pull myself up, the rope moves from my leg.

ive tried that. I dont know if its because Im wearing the wrong sort of trainer or not bu tit just isnt happening as everytime I go to pull myself up, the rope moves from my leg. Its so frustrating!

my normal method is to jusst climb the thing with arms alone... but is quite hard and can only really be done if one can do more then about 6 pullups.

Somehow I dont think I'll be able to do that method. Its a nightmare.....The more I try to tell myself Im gonna do it the more I loose my grip.

williammcmanners said:
my normal method is to jusst climb the thing with arms alone... but is quite hard and can only really be done if one can do more then about 6 pullups.
I can do a dozen pull-ups but I can't climb a rope using hands only - I don't have the grip in my hands! Probably early onset arthritis!

Litotes

and as for that wall we are supposed to get over. Im only just 5ft. Dont know how big the wall is for the pre briefing before the main board but somehow I dont think im gonna get over it if I cant even see over the top of it!! I'll try, dont get me wrong but can you see where im coming from

Gemma said:
and as for that wall we are supposed to get over. Im only just 5ft. Dont know how big the wall is for the pre briefing before the main board but somehow I dont think im gonna get over it if I cant even see over the top of it!! I'll try, dont get me wrong but can you see where im coming from
I did it when I was about 5 3". Run, jump, grab, pull. fin. It's not that hard.

Gemma,

Take a deep breath.

Now Stop Panicking!

They will explain everythin you need to know on the day. If you can't do something don't worry, there are very few pass/fail tests and these will be explained to you in advance.

All you need to do is try your hardest (and listen to what you're told).

I'm sure that you do fine.

PB

Thanks

I just feel that maybe I put in for my pre briefing too early and I could brush up on a lot more areas other than fitness if I had more than a week to do so

I dont think its too late to pull out and this may be better than making a real balls up. The wall is easy one lad in my group who couldn't have been over 5ft was the fastest over.

Don't pull out Gemma!

Just show grit and determination and don't give up until someone tells you to stop. You will be shown how to climb a rope, chill out and do your best, no-one can ask more than that.

Good luck.

Hi Gemma,

The briefing is actually really fun you'll have a great time and meet some great people.

If you go with a positive attitude then you'll probably surprise yourself, it's up to the DS to judge if your fit enough or not, as the DS said on mine to the group "if your not that's why we can give you a Cat 2, so you can take on board what we say and sort yourself out"

Latest Threads