Main Board pre Briefing

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Gemma, Nov 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    Am going for my Main Board pre briefing next week on 27th November. Anyone else going then?
    Also anyone got any tips on how to climb a rope as I have tried and cannot get anywhere!!!

2. Grip rope firmly with both hands, clamp rope betweenfront of one leg and the rear of another. pull yourself upwards with hands and when reaching upwards again, clamp the legs together and repeat.
    easier demonstrated....

3. I find the easiest way to climb a rope is to pul up, then hav the rope from the outside of one leg, go under the in-step and over the bridge of the 2nd foot. This creates a "step" so you can move hands higher to repeat this same action. A rope in the gym can be scaled pretty damn sharpish if you got the right technique so try it out first. Works well for me :D any dramas drop me a bombshell. Njoy the brief too.... Devo

4. ive tried that. I dont know if its because Im wearing the wrong sort of trainer or not bu tit just isnt happening as everytime I go to pull myself up, the rope moves from my leg.

5. ive tried that. I dont know if its because Im wearing the wrong sort of trainer or not bu tit just isnt happening as everytime I go to pull myself up, the rope moves from my leg. Its so frustrating!

6. my normal method is to jusst climb the thing with arms alone... but is quite hard and can only really be done if one can do more then about 6 pullups.

7. Somehow I dont think I'll be able to do that method. Its a nightmare.....The more I try to tell myself Im gonna do it the more I loose my grip.

8. I can do a dozen pull-ups but I can't climb a rope using hands only - I don't have the grip in my hands! Probably early onset arthritis!

Litotes

9. thanks for that

10. i suppose it depends how thick the rope is- i use a good thick rope...

11. and as for that wall we are supposed to get over. Im only just 5ft. Dont know how big the wall is for the pre briefing before the main board but somehow I dont think im gonna get over it if I cant even see over the top of it!! I'll try, dont get me wrong but can you see where im coming from

12. I did it when I was about 5 3". Run, jump, grab, pull. fin. It's not that hard.

13. yeah but im not the strongest of people....im more llikey to run and jump at the wall and knock it over!!

14. Gemma check PMs