Main Board first week of June

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by DMan, Mar 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I have my Main Board first week of June.

If I was to pass this with no problems, could I realistically start Sandhurst in Sept?
  2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Very unlikely. You need to get your PCCBC in in good time which will make it very tight, and September is traditionally the most heavily subscribed intake. You might get a place if someone drops out, but realistically you are looking at Jan 2014.
  3. Many thanks cpunk.

Very useful, as usual.
  4. Blimey, did someone just ask something and then get a useful response without pages of "this is such a bone question, can we have pictures, this question shows how the youth of today will doom the army to a bleak future, I like turnips thank you"? And then that person actually thanked the person who had the answer with out moaning on about how "the army is terrible, don't they understand how IMPORTANT I AM."

Mods will have to watch this worrying development and hope to stamp it out :)
    • Like Like x 3
  5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

The September course always fills early but there are always drop outs due to injury, illness and general chickenshittery so if you're fit and keen to go, and have done the PCCBC, there's always a chance of getting onto a course at short notice.
  6. If you manage to get through, keep calling them day after day after day and you may be able to irritate them into moving you forward. Go in May, its when all the cool kids do.
  7. I did exactly that, rang them enough until I guess they got sick of hearing my name on the phone and let me onto an earlier intake!
  8. It's not really a good thing when everyone knows who you are from day one.