Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Main Board Fail - Application form and medical

theEnd

Clanker
Hello friendly peoples,

I failed about 18 months ago, still psychologically scared....but anyway, I've since done a lot of new things and CV enhancing stuff.

Also, I remember some of the responses I gave to the application form and given that it's been about 2.5 years since I filled that in, I think my responses are quite embarrassing looking back.

Do re-takers have the option to resubmit a new application, or are we allowed to review our applications?

Secondly, I passed the medical but only just, my hearing wasn't great - I'm older now, so do I have to re-take this when I anticipate on returning? (would like to go back maybe summer time).

Thanks folks.

I'd be surprised if you were now younger than when you first applied....

You will have to have a new hearing test as the last one will be considered out of date, I imagine you'll have to go through the whole medical again anyway.

there was a one year gap between my briefing and main board, and I had to redo the application form. I guess that 2.5 years means you should get a second crack at it.