Main Board essays

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by francis666, Oct 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright Chaps,

Can anyone give me a heads up on the topics the essay questions are likely to be on at the MB. Also, how many of them are there, and how long is given? (this info is not given to you with your joining instructions).

Any exact examples would be appreciated so I know what to sort of questions I am likely to get. I know these change the whole time and mine will be different-I'm not looking for an unfair advantage, just advice.

Thanks, appreciate it.
  2. There's a handful of topics to choose from. They will broadly be about current affairs. You have plenty of time to write a pretty short essay. You ARE marked on presentation spelling and grammar.

The questions are not so simple that you can blag them (I had to discount 3 of them because I just did not know enough about the subject) but not so esoteric that you can't have a good go at at-least one.

You don't need much more information than that so I've intentionally left it vague.
  3. Don't forget to tell 'em what you're going to tell 'em, tell 'em, then tell 'em what you've told 'em; that's the structure of any short essay.
  4. Just to clarify, how many essay questions are you required to answer?
  5. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

6. Thanks.