Main Board Essay

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by paddi-8764, Mar 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering if anyone would be able to shed some light on this. Along what kind of lines are the topics? do we get a few and choose one? how long is it to be roughly? and how long do we get? this probably should be in the AOSB section but I'm not sure how much longer its in use. My main board is next Tuesday so I'm probably just over preparing but it would be nice if you'd humor me! Thanks

2. The essay is quite easy.

Your given a number of choices and it is allowed to be one and a half sides of A4 no more, my question was along the lines of "Does voluntourism benefit the employer more than the employee". I cant rememebr the timings I'm afraid hope this helps.

RustyH

3. My bold: I assume you meant volunteerism? As in benefits from an employee being in the TA?

4. I think voluntourism would be more broadly relevant, if perhaps a bit ahead of the curve with regards the neologism.

You know the thing, no doubt. Dreadlocked trustafarians shipping out to Africa, Asia and South America to build a few walls, play with a few schoolkids and upset the local economy - some say.

5. My bold: Ignore that! I assumed the spell checker had got the better of you there rusty but i know realise I was in the wrong, a momentary lapse of concentration and closed mindedness on my part! Please accept my humble apologies good sir :oops:

6. All well and good reading your post I thought the same for a minute.

I dont think many if any, at all touched on a military theme they were more general or current affairs based.