Mailing to a BFPO address from outside the UK.

Hi everybody! Hoping someone here can help me out.

I want to send a package to my boyfriend who's currently deployed in the Middle East. The problem is I’m not in the UK right now and I don’t really know how to address it. He gave me the camp and BFPO number but I’m not sure they’ll recognise it here in an European country. So should I add the city and country to the address? If so should I add it before or after the BFPO code?

Thanks so much for your help,
G

Donny

ADC
Address it to him at the BFPO number you have then add 'BFPO London, United Kingdom' and it'll reach him. You'll have to pay international postage to get it to UK from wherever you are.

Thanks for the info. Do you know by any chance if I have to pay something extra for the package to go from London to the Middle East, or will whatever they charge me at the post office (for international postage) here be enough? Thanks again

Hi everybody! Hoping someone here can help me out.

I want to send a package to my boyfriend who's currently deployed in the Middle East. The problem is I’m not in the UK right now and I don’t really know how to address it. He gave me the camp and BFPO number but I’m not sure they’ll recognise it here in an European country. So should I add the city and country to the address? If so should I add it before or after the BFPO code?

Thanks so much for your help,
G

Underneath the BFPO number just add "UK". It will go into the UK post system and they will send it on to the military

Do NOT write the country that your boyfriend is in otherwise it will end up in the countries post system, which if it doesn't get nicked, will be sealed in a plastic bag by the time your boyfriend gets it as its likely rats would have pissed on it.

Do not pack aerosols, wrapped all liquids in separate plastic bags and use a healthy amount of brown tape on the outside of the parcel so if it does get bashed about it wont spilt open.

You don't have to pay anything else, just enough to get it to the BFPO sorting office in UK.

Underneath the BFPO number just add "UK". It will go into the UK post system and they will send it on to the military

Do NOT write the country that your boyfriend is in otherwise it end up in the countries post system, which if it doesn't get nicked, will be sealed in a plastic bag by the time your boyfriend gets it as its likely rats would have pissed on it.

Do not pack aerosols, wrapped all liquids in separate plastic bags and use a healthy amount of brown tape on the outside of the parcel so if it does get bashed about it wont spilt open.

Thank you both so much for the quick and great help! Will follow your advices.

Better to search for the BFPO indicator list. This is on the www.gov.uk site and gives you the actual UK post code , which is known world wide.

So if you are sending a package to:

Sgt Jones 243
Xyz base
BFPO 2. ( which is Washington DC)

Then add

BF1 3AA

U.K.

That will,get to him.

Latest Threads