Mail Order Cartridges

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by vandyke, Aug 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apart from justcartdriges does anyone know of any other place to buy Cartridges online?

My local RFD has closed down and the local clay ground can be quite expensive.

2. you can still get shotgun cartridges through the post?

3. Yes normally just need to fax a copy of your SGC.

4. It depends on your printer, of course, but there are some really good deals for Hewlett-Packard and Canon on the internet.

I 'ope dis have 'elp yoo! :D :D :D :D :D

MsG

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There is a great place near West Malling and also a firm at the CLA with a name like cartridges direct I think!

6. Cheers for all the replies.

I found these guys online
    http://www.clayshootingrus.co.uk/

They seem pretty cheap, so will place an order soon for some Hull Comp X cartridges

7. Good thread, I fnd myself distressed of an RFD (Crudgington's of Bath RIP) and unwilling to pay silly money at one or other of the local shooting grounds...

8. if there's no-one in your area, why not set up yourself? If you only want to sell shotgun cartridges you don't even need to be an RFD as long as you are doing it by way of trade. (Pretty confident on that but don't have supporting documentation to hand so you may wish to check)

9. Have Crudgington's gone?

The last time I was in there (about ten years ago) I was looking at a 1917 dated SMLE they had with target sights; the barrel was so black I couldn't see the rifling, one of the staff put a rod down the barrel and gave up after a couple of minutes.

I didn't buy it! :(

10. Yes they have, so in a town like Bath there is no fly-fishing, shooting or associated venery store. Un-fecking-be-bolloxed-lievable...

Apart from that coarse angling place of course...

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Full of whinging commuters for Bristol.

12. You will have to come over to Salisbury to shop one day, although Greenfields our local gunshop looks pretty good to me I do get people coming in to my place of work (photographic) asking if I can get Swarovski rifle scopes ect because they can't find them in the gunshop.
    There is a reasonable sports and fishing tackle shop down the road, well with five rivers running into the town it would be a missed opportunity if nobody catered for fishing.

13. You are right there is no requirement to be a RFD to sell cartridges, and I think you can legally store around 14,000 carts before the explosive content becomes a problem and you need to register with someone.

I often thought if I could get a good deal on carts I could fill the garage and sell some on but I don't think the mark up is that good so as to make it worth my while