Maida Vale incident

Surely they could be found at their workplaces, the schools, hospitals, engineering works, etc ;)
Usually there isn't that level of information available or the resources to go making those sorts of enquires, especially if it is in another borough or Force area. Obviously if the suspect was wanted for murder or Rape it would be different, but the vast majority of these are every day domestics, there are hundreds, but a very few end up with a murder like this and its a case of 'the police didn't do nuffin.'

Last edited:
In the good old days, plod would ring up my wife in the dole office, and she'd stop their giro.

When they came storming in...... "Where'smefcukingiro ?" she'd tip them off and they'd get nabbed as they came out.
ISTR the FBI send criminals at large a Superbowl ticket with a fake covering letter along the lines of " Your name was entered into a draw and you have won this ticket " and then just hoover them all up at the stadium .

ISTR the FBI send criminals at large a Superbowl ticket with a fake covering letter along the lines of " Your name was entered into a draw and you have won this ticket " and then just hoover them all up at the stadium .
Donal Macintyre used to do a show like this.
Gets bail jumpers to come down to a 'show' where they can win big prizes etc, and when the chap walks onstage, he gets nicked.
Look up Donal's Big Sting

I recall the chap in Pompey - walks out on stage, and Policeman arrests him, and the git asks "is this a joke?"
Policeman: "No, if it was a joke, I'd start 'hello, hello, hello...'

In the good old days, plod would ring up my wife in the dole office, and she'd stop their giro.

When they came storming in...... "Where'smefcukingiro ?" she'd tip them off and they'd get nabbed as they came out.
Slight drift, but similar. Police asked us to look out for this person. No photo, description only. Matey rolls up, and needed to show ID. Doesn't have it, so kicks off. Someone then clocks him, and informs boss man in back office. I'm passing by and volunteer to follow him, while the police are informed. No mobiles back then, so have to nip into 'phone boxes to give SITREP. Short time later Dixon, in plain clothes, turns up, nicked. Result. Drift over.

I'm morbidly curious as to which group identity's outrage will take precedence on this incident; feminists or BLM.
Bloody good point but I'd have though that the pressure groups for the lycra louts and anti-car lot would have also had been all over this. After all, any chance to blame a motorist shouldn't have been missed surely?

Me, 50 mpg petrol without trying, and 110 bhp in a 600kg car.

Road Captain. You wear driving gloves and have a panama hat OR a box of man size tissues OR a cushion on the parcel shelf. Most road Captains who drive normal cars would have all three, you don’t have that option with your sardine tin.

olafthered

LE
Book Reviewer
Road Captain. You wear driving gloves and have a panama hat OR a box of man size tissues OR a cushion on the parcel shelf. Most road Captains who drive normal cars would have all three, you don’t have that option with your sardine tin.
Nope, nope, nope.

Construction hard hat.
'Look at me! I'm a manly man, who works at a job which needs a hard hat!'
Umm, yeah mate - a hat which will turn into a dangerous projectile in the event of an accident.

Got that, is it just the usual procedure, making the assumption that the car driver has committed an offence and then working back to his innocence?
If he is nicked he gets access to independent legal advice before we proceed further.
I wouldn't write the word 'assumed' in my notes of arrest.
He admitted deliberately running down someone who had subsequently died, so cautioned, nicked, and THEN work backwards to establish guilt or innocence.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

something classy like this

1643732208388.png

'Look at me! I'm a manly man, who works at a job which needs a hard hat!'
Most manly men who have hard hat jobs just have dead flies, old copies of the Sun on top of both console and parcel shelf, along with coffee rings and long dead polystyrene cups.
The foremen of the manly men can be identified by having those copies of the Sun opened to reveal half complete crosswords.

And before anyone asks, I have never failed to finish the Sun crossword, even if I have to squeeze twelve letters into six boxes, I'll finish the bu@@er!

Last edited:

Latest Threads