Magpul 40 rd magazine

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Effendi, Jun 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hear Magpul are giving Colorado the big Foxtrot Oscar by giving away 1500 20 and 30rd mags to the public before relocating to a more pleasant state. Any idea where they're going yet?
  2. As per usual when it comes to rifles if it is not issued don't stick it on there.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Yep, that's the word on the street.

Good job I was deaf when we were issued A1's and Radway Green mags.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. LOL, We were told not to modify our M4's lasted 5 minutes before the Testors Model Master Afrika Brown and gangsta grips were on them. I had a extra M16 grip as a front grip for that Thompson look. I even had a Little side business adding single point sling plates to the lower recievers and replacing the burst fire sear with a ground down washer for F/A fire.
  5. It's slightly different for for the UK armed forces, if a squaddie has an nd and he has on some gucci non issue 40 round mag he is going to be reamed with a rarden bore cleaning brush.

6. Could have been worse: could have been that ACL shoite!
  7. Or the armourer will steal it during inspection and keep well schtum! :)
  8. Latest is that not only has Magpull decided to pulled out of Colorado but they have also filled a law suit along with 56 of the 64 Sate Sheriffs against the Governor. Magpull are now refusing to sell capacity magazines to any law enforcement agency in any state that has brought in a restriction on them.

Texas is offering large tax breaks to Magpull if they set up shop there.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Don't fully agree, it depends on who's dealing with it.

The old way was to shite on someone from altitude then find out what happened then shite on them again regardless of the investigation outcome. These days the major uitkak tends to come after the inquiry.

Just out of interest, have you been part of an investigation where an ND resulted from the use of a non-issue mag ?
  10. It doesn't matter if the non issue magazine was at fault or not, the fact remains a non issued magazine was attached to the weapon system. If it is brought up on the nd report you are getting bummed to death.

11. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I'll take that as a 'no' then.

Anyway, I was happier risking being bummed to death by the system rather than being shot to death.
    All STANAG mags too... only ones that actually worked.
  12. So everybody else was at a higher risk of being shot to death because you had slightly more rounds than them. You're a special boy.

13. Maybe not NDing at all and being a competent soldier by checking your mag and weapon even with a non standard mag or altered weapon could be the saving grace for this.
  14. The weapon magazine is a detatched part of the weapon, the way the round feeds into the breech is caused by the spring in the magazine, a slow or fast spring can hinder or cause stoppages. Its is so small what difference a colt or RG, HK or Magpull magazine can have on the weapon its not worth worrying about. However remember the bureaucracy that is the MoD if can affect the weapon no matter how small you are at fault.

I have had a Aimpoint sight with picatinny set given to us as a trial. The amount of hoops the armourer had to go through to get clearance to use it on the weapon was a nightmare. Even so he had to be on the range with the weapon in case anything went wrong. I am sure Aimpoint would not give out shoddy kit. On the ranges with attachments to weapons there is no such thing as acceptable risk.

Yes it pisses me off, I hate the way kit that is possibly Tier 1 is looked at as too good for our infantry. Also the senior officers with disdain about how its going to look. Over the last couple of years it has got better. I remember someone trying to get picatinny on his personal weapon prior to Afghan in 2002. Got told to leave it alone. Now its acceptable.

Personally I think a 40 rd mag on a bullpup would be a good idea, shifting the CoG further rearwards.