Magnum Boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Ubersniper, Nov 9, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just want to get some opinions before I part with my cash.

Are all the boots by Magnum bollox?

Some people I've talked to say they are great, but I've also heard people tell me they are uncomfortable and fall to pieces.

So anyone had any experiance with the things?

2. Depends what you want from them!

For duties etc, they are brill, for the field well.... forget it!

Having said that, I found them OK for fibua.

3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

As Me n Bee says, they're ok for light work, but if you're carrying weight......

The soles don't handle the stress of a heavy bergan & they don't offer much ankle support.

Tools for jobs really.

4. got woodys old ones ok for mooching about it but would'nt use them if I had to carry any weight .
    more combat trainer like than proper boots

5. owned two pairs original ones ok for light work but if you dont wear them with gortex socks going to have very wet feet .sympatex ones keep feet drier but not a lot of support great for fibua and range work not for tabbing
    with wieght

6. Even better if you get the ones with an NSN then they are considerably cheaper. Get a note from a physio, reccomending that you use lighter boots , take it to your RQMS and get him to demand you a couple of pairs.

NSN for 10L is 8430 99 229 4464

7. There is another factor to consider here, and that is, how much you weigh. I'm a total racing snake, 11 stone, and I find Magnums fine for general summer mincing. However, the big scary 17 stone fecker in my team, went through a pair in 96hours. A good lightweight alternative that I have been wearing this year are Trac-pac boots. The leather/cordura ones are £45.00 and the dezzies are only £25.00

8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Very good comment Topper, something generally overlooked.

The Magnum's soles just won't handle weight. Personally I'd go for something heavier, however if you're just bimbling around camp & the Badge Man says they're ok then go for them.

9. I have been using them for a while now (issued) & have found them great around camp, but try doing a CFT & oh my fcuking god the blisters were shocking. They havent fallen apart yet though, so I must be slim & silf like!! :lol:

10. Had a pair for about 5 years, ace for Urban use definately NOT for rural! Found mine OK for CFTs (being a slim Front Row Forward obviously helped) but with 2 pairs of socks to prevent blisters! :wink:

11. H3

H3 LE

Why not pay the extra and go for Lowa combats.......truely the muts nuts in every aspect ........ no blisters no hot spots , cummfy as feck so you don`t need to worry if your feet are going to fall apart..... trust me

12. hear hear. I've had a pair for a year now, love em. only thing, if they get totally soaked (river xing etc), they're like concrete booties and damn uncomfortable. but after getting em wet use gortex socks until you get the chance to dry em again.

13. Got issued something similar for a summer Bosnia tour a while ago. Great for padding round camp, but not for mud/snow/wet/cold. I still use them and am trying to locate their proper name (they used to be known a sBalkan Summer Boots). Any ideas?

14. i have owned a pair of magnum pro boots full leather version and i an quite happy with them, i have used them inthe field and on training nights, keeping my issue boots for Parades.
    at the end of the day , you get what you pay for.