Magnificent Rugby

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by in_the_cheapseats, Mar 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I think I am watching the match of the season.

The Irish are playing rugby as if they had no cares in the world, throwing the ball around like a sevens match, big smiles and sublime skill. D'Arcy is fantastic.

46-12 and 15mins to go. Money must be moving towards an Ireland Championship win

2. And coming up to half time, it looked a little in the balance. Ireland were playing with a little too much flair.
    But their backs are as good as any in the world and keeping the ball on the move and away from the strong Italian pack has proved very fruitful. What odds on Scotland beating France and England beating the Welsh by 40 odd....;-)

3. in_the_cheapseats

A shame about the end

51-24 to Ireland and they gave away a soft try at the end. Great match though

France now need to win by 24 points to win the Championship. On the Scots!

4. Last minute video try. Great drama.

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

2 excellent and exciting games this afternoion. I hope this last one is not a let down.

Come on Wales!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Well - maybe a draw :thumleft: )

6. in_the_cheapseats

30 mins gone and England 0 - 15 Wales. WTF!

7. The Championship victors - morally - are Oireland. The best, most stylish players in the series. The system for awarding the Championship is based on a soulless counting of points, with no allowances for sheer flair. :thumbdown:

But a satisfactory weekend all the same - an Oirish victory in the Jamaican cricket, and a solid trouncing of the Eyetalians. :thumright:

O to be in Rome - or Jamaica - for tonight's party/ies! :numberone:

Pass that other case of Guinness, Mulligan . . .

8. Boll0cks.

9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Now now. Just because your lot are getting your arses handed to you on a plate there's no need for such bitterness.

10. Oi was as bouncin' in me seat at the way the Jocks let dem Frogs snatch a victory! Moi Italian wife socked it to me with: "Ma sfortunamente, i francesi hanno vinto!" (loosely translated as: 'but unfortunately, the fückin' shoite Frogs won").

Still, we garnered the Triple Crown (as is our wont) and the next 6 Nations is ours - guaranteed!

MsG

11. I think the bitterness is from Seamus here. Points make prizes.

England were poor again today. All those who were calling for Flood to play today were proved wrong. He choked. All he has achieved today is to mae up Brian Ashtons mind to go with Jonny when fit.

Congrats to Wales, you fully deserved to win today. But to go in two seasons from Grand Slam winners to a team that thinks it has achieved something because they beat a poor England team need to re-assess.

Hook did well, but from an English perspective, Martin Corry was immense, just a shame that the other seven, with the possible exception of Rees couldn't step up.

And whoever said Shaun Perry was International class, was talking out of his hoop.

12. in_the_cheapseats

No, mate - they weren't even that good. They were crap. No scope, no ideas (after Catt went off) and did not deserve to win. The only players who were up to international standard were Catt and robinson and I can't see them staying much longer.

England have to find a play maker soon; if they don't, it'll be an embarrassing time over the nect couple of seasons and at the World Cup.

13. Agree absolutely....for a 'new' team full of youngsters a couple of the 'old boys' (Catt/Robinson) were the important ones in the first half - they looked a lot weaker team once Catt went off.

Hook is quite something though -- but I don't think any of the tri-nations teams will have seen anything to worry them overly this summer

14. Fcuk off! You know fcuk all about Union. :roll:

Still maintain that Andy Farrell is a good union player as well?

15. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Matelot, really. How dare you criticise the doyen of English rugby commentary- i.e. the guru. Is not the anagram of the guru "Get it up ye, yah Engerlish barsteward" or words to that effect?

I only hope that when the World Cup kicks off that Moore/Butler will have been fecked off at the high-port. They must be the worst commentators ever to crawl out of the BBC woodwork.

Back to the point of this, and previous post, guru, how much are you betting on Engerland raising the World Cup agin this year?