Magnetic Car Flagpole

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Lt_Gen_Me, Sep 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can any get one of these for me? I'll pay........? Cheers.
  2. What on earth do you want a flag pole for a magnetic car for?
  3. Like the humour.

Its for a freind who is a WW11 buff-Re-enactor type!
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Gen, go into any garage & find a tacky football-type supporters magnetic flag; rip off the the flag itself and hey presto (with a bit of paint).

Failing that I think halfords do something similar.

Alternatively a DIY version would involve a fridge magnet, a bracket.........
  5. Nothing on Halford website...Ill keep looking.

Any drivers get one from stores..."Mine was swept of Sarge, need a replacement Sarge"...?
  6. Nick a mag-mount antenna from one of the local joe-baxi's or speak to a friendly Rech Mech and see if he has an old knackered mag-mount winky-pop, you can then mod it as required, he will sell you for sexual favours....
  7. Gremlin

Might have been a more tempting deal if you had not left "it to" out!!!!! ;)
  8. Actually, thinking about it, the version I typed is probably closer to the truth than the version I should have typed......................
  9. lt gen me, go down to the RHQ or STN HQ & you should at some point during the day see a car parked outside with one of these mini-magnetic flagpools on it.
    now I don't know if you are aware mate, but anyone that needs one of these flagpools can take it from off that said car. its where they put them as they ain't got enough room in stores for them & besides, the QM's is never open anyway, so if they kept them in there no one could get them out when needed.
  10. Gremlin

You weren't the only person thinking that !!
  11. Like the comment press_it mate, But come on Guys...any serious suggestions without having to make one...?
  12. :D

sorry, coulden't resist that. besides, I was bored in work yesterday! :)
    good luck in finding one thou. :)
  13. I hope its not for a land rover!!
  14. Fit a tuaam and antenna on and put it on that!!