Magistrate protest as ‘bouncers’ get power to give out fines

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BarkingSpider, Jul 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Scariest thing I've seen in a long time. And access to the PNC too in some cases.
    Magistrates protest

Thanks to Longinthegums for the linky.
  2. A private company (ie one run for PROFIT) now has the mandate to hand out fines?

Sorry, but I'll tell them fcuk off, and take me to court.

Sorry, what was that, did someone mention wheelclamping?

Only the Police should be allowed to hand out on the spot fines. And even then there should be an opt out (for a court hearing), if you feel you have been "misfined".
  3. Unbelievable.
  4. I think 'unacceptable' would be more apt.
  5. What is this trying to solve?

I don't quite get it.

I think the Conservatives are light weights but I think Labour is the more dangerous of the two. I cannot believe this. They must be toppled!
  6. Like im going to pay a fine to some gorilla on the door. What a ridiculous idea.
  7. Completely unacceptable. If one of these monkeys tries it with me I can assure you he'll be told to ram it. On the spot fines are unlawful in any case, even when issued by the police.

Constitutional law states so. Bill of Rights.
  8. If the security guards and bouncers near me are already arrseholes. The last thing they need is more power. Another stupid labour money saving scheme. They seem to have gotten very used to cutting corners labour albut this one takes the biscuit.
  9. If you wanted to recruit an army of thugs, after the style of Hitler's Brownshirts, how would you go about it?
  10. Too right, go 'not guilty' and let them take you to Court and watch the dumb fcuks get tied up by your brief (hopefully you have a semi-decent brief).
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The police police by the consent of the public. All the other cnuts don't. Simples.

Where's a decent civil liberties organisation when you need one . . . .
  12. I wonder if those with the powers to fine have to wear the uniform brown shirt.
  13. Yes, it's happened to me far too much lately & I've lost the best part of £500! But how exactly do you refuse to pay? They have your motor! Refuse to pay & it goes to a pound & you have to pay even more to get it released. Apparently it's also a criminal offence to remove the clamp yourself.

There's not much one can do but pay up in that situation. :x

14. My main concern is that people who are not part of the Police will be able to access the PNC.

It looks as if they have set it up so that people with a criminal record will automatically be referred to the Police and be able to argue their case in court, whereas the average law abiding person will be fined on the spot. Nice one. :roll:
    Is this another example of the law of unintended consequences raising its ugly head yet again?
    This government seem to do that all too frequently. It's more of the politicising of law and order which has been creeping up on us over the years.