Magazine innovation?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ugly, Dec 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

2. Is it really that much quicker, nah

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I didnt think it looked that much quicker if at all but then drills can be learnt and he didnt look like he was trying too hard either. I didnt see him scrabbling for the last round caught in the spider of his tin lid!

4. Squaddie Proof i think not

5. If you are on a range day in Blighty and using boxed, loose 5.56mm, then yeah it is a good idea, but if you are in Ghanners and all your ammo is in stripclips then I am afraid the good old speed loader is a quicker way to charge a magazine.

6. He'd be even quicker if he used clips and a "charger magazine"

If rds were in the 30 rd boxes then it's certainly a novel idea.

As for all the attemts made at trying to make the magazine inoperable, they should've used a Brit squaddie ! :D JOBS A GOOD'UN !

7. agree with loaded_not_ready.

Plus you'd look a twat diving behind cover in a TIC and having the front pop off that thing or come loose spilling all your precious ammo in a pile about your feet.

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I dont think it stops you using strippers as per normal nowadays! It also seems to lock in place which makes it years better than any SLR magazine I was ever issued!

9. Looks interesting, even if it doesn't work i still want to go and stay at that guys house!

10. Wrap around shades = Ally as fuck.

A few tinnies round his house wouldn't go a miss!!!

11. I think a speedloader is still waaaaaaaay quicker.

12. looked like an utter red neck gun freak... and agree with everoyne else, a speed loader looks much quicker. Although, it does look like the material is a bit tougher, has anyone else had a magazines feed buggered because some genius tried to throw it to you and bent the lips on the top? very annoying.

13. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

They should have dropped the sledge hammer onto it when it wasn't loaded, not a fair test really.

It does look impressive, and it can't be a disadvantage to use..

Pretty easy to unload as well, could be a bonus.

Although there should be a way to lock the slidy bit in place when its in the rifle, just in case.

14. Looks good but rather redundant in the face of chargers/stripper clips.

15. They are now issued in 30 Rnd boxes and have been for errrr quite a long while now!

I still think it might have some mileage in testing it alongside the current issue H&K which were excellent when new but are now begining to cause some issues.

Maybe they ahould have followed this route for the blank firing magazine as it cannot take a speed loader (not that blanks come in bandoliers of course).

OB