Magazine innovation?

I didnt think it looked that much quicker if at all but then drills can be learnt and he didnt look like he was trying too hard either. I didnt see him scrabbling for the last round caught in the spider of his tin lid!
Squaddie Proof i think not
If you are on a range day in Blighty and using boxed, loose 5.56mm, then yeah it is a good idea, but if you are in Ghanners and all your ammo is in stripclips then I am afraid the good old speed loader is a quicker way to charge a magazine.
He'd be even quicker if he used clips and a "charger magazine"

If rds were in the 30 rd boxes then it's certainly a novel idea.

As for all the attemts made at trying to make the magazine inoperable, they should've used a Brit squaddie ! :D JOBS A GOOD'UN !
agree with loaded_not_ready.

Plus you'd look a twat diving behind cover in a TIC and having the front pop off that thing or come loose spilling all your precious ammo in a pile about your feet.

I dont think it stops you using strippers as per normal nowadays! It also seems to lock in place which makes it years better than any SLR magazine I was ever issued!
looked like an utter red neck gun freak... and agree with everoyne else, a speed loader looks much quicker. Although, it does look like the material is a bit tougher, has anyone else had a magazines feed buggered because some genius tried to throw it to you and bent the lips on the top? very annoying.

Kit Reviewer
They should have dropped the sledge hammer onto it when it wasn't loaded, not a fair test really.

It does look impressive, and it can't be a disadvantage to use..

Pretty easy to unload as well, could be a bonus.

Although there should be a way to lock the slidy bit in place when its in the rifle, just in case.
arfah said:
If rds were in the 30 rd boxes then it's certainly a novel idea.
They are now issued in 30 Rnd boxes and have been for errrr quite a long while now!

I still think it might have some mileage in testing it alongside the current issue H&K which were excellent when new but are now begining to cause some issues.

Maybe they ahould have followed this route for the blank firing magazine as it cannot take a speed loader (not that blanks come in bandoliers of course).

Didn't the experimental H&K 36 back in the '70s, not the G36 mind, have something similar? Open the mag, which I think was meant to be left on the rifle, and bang all the rounds inside in a oner...?

Keep it coming lads, I thought I'd give them a google and it seems they do some interesting bits and bobs!
What is wrong with our speed loader. The Cammenga one may look gucci but it looks to offer no advantage to our current piece of molded plastic.

I watched the video for the magazine and TBH it looked no faster than manually loading the current issue magazine with loose rounds; especially when he was (mostly) loading from neatly boxed rounds rather than a helemt/beret/H83 full.
How long does it take to load a mag? You get 70 seconds for 30 rounds in the WHT, IIRC?

With stripper clips and a thermold loader you can do it in less than 20.

However, I still prefer to load by hand, In the ACF we used to get all of our ammo loose in 30 rnd boxes, but now its all plastic stripper clips. Great, we get the thermold loaders and can bomb up quicker but we seem to get even more misfeeds than usual. Tapping the mags to make sure all rounds are seated doesnt help much either if you've loaded them from a stripper clip, it would seem.

I expect things will improve when we get the A2 mags with the L98 upgrade.

Anyway, thanks for that Ugly. I might get one of their Lensatic compasses and one of those mag well dust covers too. :thumright: