Magazine fed semi auto shotguns

Are these going to be banned? I’ve been looking at the Typhoon as I’ve taken up practical shotgun, and obviously don’t want to throw my money away if a ban is inbound. Cheers

HE117

LE
You can own a semi auto shotgun as a section 2 shoItgun if the magazine is blocked to 2 shots.. (and marked by the proof house)

Currently large capacity semi shotguns are Section 1 and need to be held on a firearms licence.. I am not aware of any proposals that would change this, and with the current political regime, I would hope it is not likely..

I’ve got a Sect 1 pump action already, but it’s a right ball ache for low or prone shooting on some stages so have been looking at semi’s, I just heard that mag fed semi’s are going to be banned

ugly

LE
I’ve got a Sect 1 pump action already, but it’s a right ball ache for low or prone shooting on some stages so have been looking at semi’s, I just heard that mag fed semi’s are going to be banned
Where did you hear that?

TamH70

MIA
So you can get a Saiga-12 on a Section 1 then?

Interesting if so.

Yup, and very nice they are too.

For my brief foray into wildfowlping ( shudder) I had a 5 shot benelli on my ticket.Its delayed inertia locking bolt mechanism was ingenious. Very few moving parts and automatically compensated for cartridge load.
it made browning and Beretta auto actions look and feel very crude.
worked well as well as being as sleek as a conventional O/U at the back end.
looking at their web site now however most models seem to be tarted up for the dusky type with money market.! Oh well.

4(T)

LE
Where did you hear that?

I think there have been rumours that the EU's next anti-gun move will be to ban any mags with capacity over 5 rnds, or even all mags that aren't integral to the firearm (ie a Mauser sporting rifle; gotta keep the Germans on side, etc).

Sounds absurd, but the EU's lack of transparency and track record of presenting new draft directives without consultation makes it difficult to scotch such rumours.

p.s how are people getting on with registering their de-acts with the Police?!

ugly

LE
I think there have been rumours that the EU's next anti-gun move will be to ban any mags with capacity over 5 rnds, or even all mags that aren't integral to the firearm (ie a Mauser sporting rifle; gotta keep the Germans on side, etc).

Sounds absurd, but the EU's lack of transparency and track record of presenting new draft directives without consultation makes it difficult to scotch such rumours.

p.s how are people getting on with registering their de-acts with the Police?!
Erm err what deacts