MAG PS3

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by mark1234, Feb 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

Anyone else playing this?

It's a large shooter set on massive levels with company size teams.

256 Players online at once smashing the sh1t out of each other, it's great.

It got fairly average reviews, around 8/10 usually, with people moaning about the graphics, but I think they're missing the point, the fact that you can have so many players at once, with no lag what-so-ever and still have decent grahics is a minor miracle.

2. I played the Beta once, but could never get into another game after that. may have to rent first I think see if its worth the purchase :)

3. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

If it was for PC I'd be on it like a tramp on chips. Sadly, I don't do console shooters.

Intriguing concept for a game, though! How big are the maps compared to, say, MW2?

4. I also bought this, but can't get to grips with FPS on console's just doesnt feel right, would have loved to play this on PC

5. I should probably write a little more about it.

The maps are friggen huge but because of the amount of enemy you don't have to walk too far to find someone to kill, you don't tend to spawn and die as much as MW it's a good balance, the game is all about defending or attacking an objective as a section, which means I can get in a good position, and blat away on my gat racking up the kills.

I usually play FPS on PC , and had a little trouble getting used to it at first, now it doesn't feel any different playing it on a controller rather than mouse and keyboard.

Getting into a game usually takes around 30 seconds from joining a que, the game waits for 256 people to join the que and then starts the game which doesn't take long, so you always join at the start of a game rather than half way through, and considering you're playing with a lot of yanks and the ammount of people on each server the fact that there is no lag is amazing, everything I put my sites over dies.

You get 5 points for each kill, but if you kill whilst defending or attacking the object specified by your platoon or section commander you get double points, you also get points for planting or defusing explosives or repairing tanks and gates etc, you can go and do your own thing, like get a sniper rifle and go prone in some bushes and spend the game racking up the kills, but you get less points.

The points rack up till you level up then you get skill points to spend on stuff like silencers and weapon sights and new gats.

The graphics look a bit like a 3 yr old PC game and are the games weekest link, they're not jaw dropping but not bad either, they look a lot better than say HL2 but not as good as MW2.

But the gameplay is what matters, I've not found a game I find hard to put down for years, but this keeps me coming back, it could do with a better variety of maps though.

6. I really wish they would offer games via DL.
    My optical drive has gone tits up, and its out of warranty

7. Have you tried one of those Bluray lazer cleaning thingys?