MAG PS3 exclusive

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Billboard, Dec 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could be a good game, but I can see a few problems with playing a game with that many players. Frontlines: fuels of war (or something similar) on the 360 has/had a large player count - around 100 on some servers, IIRC, but I always felt like a single player game, mainly because nobody used to speak to each other, or work in a team for that matter.

So this game needs to have a decent squad system which encourages people to actually talk to each other (do they give away mikes as standard with the PS3?), and work in a team, if it's really going to be any good.

Although I suppose the fact they are able to make a game on this scale playable without lag hopefully means that other games will benefit in the future.
  2. I played the BETA of this a couple of days ago (Available for download from PSN), its not too bad. a bit arrsey trying to get used to the control system if your used to the Call of Duty Series. I never noticed any lag of connection problems (except downloading the 2GB Update after the initial 32MB server download).