Mafiosa

That scaley mafiosa sounds even more dangerous than the real sicilian mob. I can't seem to get an answer off anyone whether it now includes the disi and geek supv trades or just the fos and yos. Honestly - it's like suggesting that the catholic church nominate a new black, lesbian, hermaphrodite, one-legged, condom selling pope.

If their club is to include the supv radio and supv is then surely it's a pointless exercise - the only one excluded is the RD WO. Although, from the other angle, foremen and yeomen are nothing like each other anyway. It's a bit like having a bone club full of guards drill sgts and master chefs.

sounds a bloody load of nonsense. they should have their heads knocked together. you'll all be sorry in a couple of years when DCSA steal all the jobs and leave you to join the MPGS. Can someone please tell me what the point is? Sounds like another excuse to have an annual drunken bitchfest and nick the mess property that belong to all of us. Or am I being small minded.

I had to read this message twice. And still couldn't understand what the fcuk you are going on about.

Obviously just another whinger on these boards it seems blatanly clear though.

CardinalSin said:
That scaley mafiosa sounds even more dangerous than the real sicilian mob. I can't seem to get an answer off anyone whether it now includes the disi and geek supv trades or just the fos and yos. Honestly - it's like suggesting that the catholic church nominate a new black, lesbian, hermaphrodite, one-legged, condom selling pope.

If their club is to include the supv radio and supv is then surely it's a pointless exercise - the only one excluded is the RD WO. Although, from the other angle, foremen and yeomen are nothing like each other anyway. It's a bit like having a bone club full of guards drill sgts and master chefs.

sounds a bloody load of nonsense. they should have their heads knocked together. you'll all be sorry in a couple of years when DCSA steal all the jobs and leave you to join the MPGS. Can someone please tell me what the point is? Sounds like another excuse to have an annual drunken bitchfest and nick the mess property that belong to all of us. Or am I being small minded.
Yes

CardinalSin said:

Can somebody go fetch CDT please, I think this guy is on smack.

hooray ... a troll. and one who seems to understand latin. top of the class.

this is clearly a wind up, but hey what the hell. hang them all. dunno who really, just thought I'd enter into the spirit of it! :lol:

PoisonDwarf said:
hooray ... a troll. and one who seems to understand latin. top of the class.
how dare you. all us cardinals know latin like the back of our lovely hands.

bet your just one of them 10 minute wonders - (cue microwave) DING... "oh my end-of-course promotion is ready"! :twisted:

I believe the ranks of our coverted Mafiosa have swelled since the imaculate conception of the new Foreman of IS. :roll:

Oh dear its back to the Armoury for a new desk block.

Tee Hee!!

Never mind PD.

:twisted:

Disco said:
I believe the ranks of our coverted Mafiosa have swelled since the imaculate conception of the new Foreman of IS. :roll:

Oh dear its back to the Armoury for a new desk block.

Tee Hee!!

Never mind PD.

:twisted:
I bet PD is the first to get excommunicated - I've been reading the rubbish he posts on here.

Disco said:
I believe the ranks of our coverted Mafiosa have swelled since the imaculate conception of the new Foreman of IS.
For "Foreman of IS" read "Urban Myth". It looks like someone's (prob an ex-Tech-background Supvr IS?) idea of a terrific "wah" to wind up our FofS brethren for whatever reason. Whatever the long term destiny of the Corps this rubbish will certainly not happen for bloody ages!

Mind you, I have heard (unsubstantiated) claims of people smashing their wee badges in anger, which seems a bit OTT but there we go. I wonder if those same guys would quite happily drink with their other Supvr brethren in the Mess :?:

PD

I also thought it was a rumour but it seems to be gaining more wieght in certain circles (the crying is giving it credability)

So the dummies are being spat just like they were when us Mechs went to Techs and when everyone went to high band pay!

Still it keeps the Mess lively on a Friday night, which is nice!

:roll:

This is right out of the Texas Air National Guard Weather Flight ancillary training manual.

To Beat a Dead Horse.....
Dakota Tribal wisdom says that when you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. A recently declassified Pentagon document indicates that people in the Pentagon try other strategies. Specifically there are 22 separate and distinct strategies that people in the Pentagon try when they discover they are riding a dead horse:

1. Buy a stronger whip.
2. Change riders.
3. Say things like, "This is the way we've always ridden this horse."
4. Arrange to visit other sites to see how they ride their dead horses.
5. Increase the standards to ride dead horses.
6. Appoint a Tiger Team to revive the dead horse.
7. Create a training session to increase riding ability.
8. Pass legislation that declares, " The horse is not dead."
9. Harness several Dead Horses together for increased speed.
10. Declare with a policy directive and operating instruction that no dead horse is too dead to beat.
11. Do a cost analysis to determine if contractors can ride the dead horse cheaper.
12. Buy a commercial off-the-shelf dead horse.
13. Declare that the horse is better, faster, and cheaper dead.
14. Form an IPT to find uses for dead horses.
15. Revisit the key performance parameters (KPPs) for dead horses.
16. Say the horse was procured making CAIV-based decisions.
17. BRAC the horse farm on which the dead horse was born.
18. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.
19. Name the dead horse "Paradigm Shift" and keep riding it.
20. Ride the dead horse "smarter," not harder.
21. Call the dead horse "joint" and let others ride it.
22. Ride the dead horse "outside the box."
8)

I hope that helps pizzano...

if not then here's one:

The mess girl called a sex therapist and said, "Remember when you told me the way to a man's heart was through his stomach? Well last night I found a new route... Now I need some birth control pills."

The doc asked, "What's his occupation?"

The girl said, "Army."

"Active or retired?"

"If he wasn't active, I wouldn't need these damn pills, would I?!"

:)

so it looks like the fos and sup(is) will be getting a shotgun wedding after all, but maybe 2 or 3 yrs (or more) off.

CardinalSin said:
so it looks like the fos and sup(is) will be getting a shotgun wedding after all, but maybe 2 or 3 yrs (or more) off.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...................

foreman said:
Hey that was quite a nice little effect there! Top of the class.

I see no reason why everyone should get so upset (but I am a bit of a rosy-viewed idealist).

Surely there must be a nice democratic way of presenting this as a step forward for everyone. If I was a FofS (which I'm not - no good at maffs, see), I'd see the proposed change as simply winding up the IS roster to a close (having fulfilled its function as an interim CEQ) and allowing the Techs to take on the IS functions in place of all the trad skills which are being lost due to COTS products and board-swapping etc. Easy peasy.

But I'm not a FofS. I live on the IS-side of the fence and I work with a number of guys who are ex-techs - now IS Engrs. Those blokes have pre-empted the lot of you and are now fulfilling many of the jobs e.g. in Cormorant installations and FRTs that the future ICS Engr will end up.

But even I'm a little sceptical about the title Foreman of IS. The 'foreman' and 'yeoman' titles have a lot of historical connotations in our Corps - and sometimes history is more important to some people than our job functions, skills, technical challenges. I prefer the title "űbergeek" :D

does anyone know the origin of the "Foreman of Signals" appointment?

PD

PoisonDwarf said:
foreman said:
Hey that was quite a nice little effect there! Top of the class.

I prefer the title "űbergeek" :D
ssshhhhh, I'm a secret Übergeek but don't tell anyone...

Latest Threads