Madeline McCann - If her parents were chavscum ? Sympathy ?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by 58_Pattern, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not detracting from this tragic story and I hope against hope that she is found safe. We had a chat at lunch today. I threw in a comment that her parenst were white middle class professional medics and the sympathy vote. If they were fat, smoking, drinking, unemployed from Chavsville, Arizona would their be public sympathy ?

The bottom line is they left 3 wee ones unattended to go for a spot of supper. Forgetting the abduction, the risk of coughing, choking, an accident, playing with matches et al is v scary.

All of us have taken the wee ones on holiday and had to come back and spend the evening on the balcony whilst the childer are in bed. If they were working class and had been in "The Rose & Crown" quoffing €3 cocktails & Stella the Redtop press would have hung them out to dry. NOTW & the Scum "Evil Parents abandon kids in favour of Pina Colada's"

I don't think that Gary & Trisha from Essex/Wirral/Chatham would of got an audience with the pope and this global publicity. I do feel sorry for them but am surprised that no-one has criticised them. Working class folk who have left kids home alone to go to the Med have been jailed.

As a dad of 2 wee ones I would not think of leaving them in the accomodation. My two are 6 & 10 and are never more than 8 metres from me on holiday. It beggars belief that two parents could enjoy supper with no one minding the childer. As Dr's and part of a caring profession it is even worse.

What do you guys think ? Is there duplicity in the way the media has handled them. Should they be charged / interviewed ??
  2. 58,

I've had this discussion with some oppo's as well who have kids-they wouldn't have left them unattended and I know if I had a rugrat, I wouldn't have done so either. Why did they do that when there was babysitting facilities and creche facilities available??? They're both doctors FFS, it's not as if they couldn't afford it.
  3. I think the difference in reporting tactics from the global media would be completely different, yes. But you should ask whether that is due more to the actions of the couple themselves (already assumed to be identical to those of the Mccann's in this example), or the viewpoints of society on White middle class (the society with the loudest voice is still, unfortunatley, albeit marginally, white middle class, and WMC look after their own) vs working class people.

In most crimes reported in the media, how "evil" someone is, is entirely down to what they do for a job.
  4. And what possible good does it do for any of us to say 'I wouldn't do that'?

Does it make us feel superior as people? Does it make us better parents to criticise the McCanns? It's pointless, totally and absolutely bloody pointless to judge these people for the mistake they made. They are in unbelievable agony every minute of every day, just living with what they did or didn't do, and the last thing they need is the public to be 'tut-tutting' at them from the moral high ground.

Leave the poor sods alone, and hope you never know what they are going through.
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Garbage. They deserve all the flack they get, and more. If it had been in the UK and they had gone to the PUB they would have stood a fair chance of getting nicked and charged with neglect.

I really don't give a rats ARRSE for their agony. They failed in their duty to protect that child. A child who is very probably dead and will not have a chance to grow up and make her own mistakes. Who knows what her future held in store for her, but the chances are now that she will never find out. All because her parents couldn't be ARRSED to use a bit of common sense.

They will probably go through their own personal hell for the rest of their lives and you know what? they deserve it!
  6. Before any of you get on your high horses and kick another band wagon off....the above was written by a different wasn't f*cking me OK?
  7. Awol,

The two of them are DOCTORS ffs. They have got no bloody excuse whatsoever for leaving their children unattended in a foreign country.
  8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Got a stalker? :?
  9. Now that they know that there is public criticism, I'm sure they'll make sure that they don't do it again.
  10. WTF has that got to do with it? You don't have to be medically qualified to love your kids, nor do you have to be chavscum to make mistakes.
  11. AWOL disagree. Life is based on judgement calls. I am no superior to a Dr or a refuse collector but also no junior or less important. I know they are going thru' hell. However my judgement is that they failed their kids. I am not quack like the McCanns who do make life & death calls as part of their day job. Wrong doseage or treatment may result in ending of a life. However I do take the moral high ground that my wee ones would never ever been out of my sight/earshot. I still find it incredulous that nobody has spoken out. They were probably so far up their own arse with so much money that they thought that they could go out for supper and abandon the wee ones. I would like to see the pair of them struck of the BMC register as unfit to be medics. If they can't control their duty of care as parents are they fit to deal with their duty of care of patients ?
  12. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Nope it was me.
  13. AWOL you are a thrapper. I have made many mistakes and will continue to do so. However my kids are #1 in my life and I would never make a mistake over their security, love and protection. They made a grave error of judgement and a bad mistake in leaving those kids alone so they could enjoy supper & it has come back to bite them.
  14. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Leaving children, unattended is not a mistake, its not even an error of judgement.Its downright bloody negligent.
  15. Can this thread be locked please? It's been discussed over and over again, and personally BiscuitsAB (not to be confused with Bickies) I think you are a tube.

Sluggy xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.