Madeleine McCann: Police To Dig For Evidence

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I should imagine the Met have a filing cabinet marked J.H.I.T (Jollies, holidays, information and tip offs) which they'll be rootling through now that the end of lockdown is in sight.

I'd say sometime in April will see rumblings of 'new information' and 'new leads to follow up' certainly a bid for more funds for the budget.. The actual NTM depends on lockdown timings. The 7Ps coming into play

The actual move won't occur in April. Why? I hear you ask.

Because even if travel restrictions are eased the only holidays likely to be permitted are self catering and I can't see the Met wanting domestic arrangements to spoil the beach parties interfere with ongoing investigations.
Oh I don't know, just think if the expenses they could rack up on self catering!

Oh I don't know, just think if the expenses they could rack up on self catering!
Do the Met have their own version of CILOR? I still remember 'skip diving' for receipts in Sardinia as a full screw. We were praying the RAOWO couldn't read Italian. Our own receipts [Beer -lots] lacked 'imagination'. I learned well and later on as an LE Captain, produced a fully cross referenced file of Moscow's finest paperwork that had the RAO say -f-u_ck it, I'm not reading that gobbledegook, I'll sign!

1614573685925.jpeg

Given the numerous trips over the years, I'm sure they get a hefty discount at the tapas bar.
They were getting so much discount they have now set up their own kiddie crèche.

Dear Met Police ,
On a recent , pre Lockdown holiday in Mauritius , I regularly saw Lord Lucan sitting by the pool sipping rum punches .
He was about 85 -90 , spoke with a cut glass accent , and in the evenings always wore a seersucker jacket or blue blazer and a Brigade of Guards tie .
After dinner, he would always find someone to fleece at pontoon , which was the clincher in my mind .
He was accompanied by a rather cute 19 year old blond whom he claimed was his grand daughter ...Pull the other one !
Once lockdown's over I will happily accompany a couple of detectives on an all expenses paid trip over there and point out the hotel and the gentleman and girl in question .
This offer is only open for 7 days , after which I am going to the Daily Express
Yours faithfully ,
Velcro

Last edited:

anglo

LE
Dear Met Police ,
On a recent , pre Lockdown holiday in Mauritius , I regularly saw Lord Lucan sitting by the pool sipping rum punches .
He was about 85 -90 , spoke with a cut glass accent , and in the evenings always wore a seersucker jacket or blue blazer and a Brigade of Guards tie .
After dinner, he would always find someone to fleece at pontoon , which was the clincher in my mind .
He was always in the company of a rather cute 19 year old blond whom he claimed was his grand daughter ...Pull the other one !
Once lockdown's over I will happily accompany a couple of detectives on an all expenses paid trip over there and point out the hotel and the gentleman and girl in question .
This offer is only open for 7 days , after which I am going to the Daily Express
Yours faithfully ,
Velcro
Did he ride a horse called Shergar?

Now , come to mention it ......
If that rather large, strange looking ‘yacht’ he owns is called the Mary Celeste I think you may be onto something here.

It must be close to renew funding time again, think of those poor MET that need a break

Chef

LE
They were getting so much discount they have now set up their own kiddie crèche.
More to the point, they've been going there for so long that they need a creche for their own toddlers.

Some of their kids will be starting secondary school, many with a good grounding in Portuguese as a second language.

On a serious note, where is this case now at? That German bloke in prison still a suspect?

So sorry about the Stun links

So sorry about the Stun links
Don't apologise, kate herself is a scouser

But back in 2017, a family spokesman for the McCanns, Clarence Mitchell, warned: "If Mr Amaral's current book about Madeleine or any new one he may be planning to write is published here in the UK, Kate and Gerry's lawyers will take immediate action.

But back in 2017, a family spokesman for the McCanns, Clarence Mitchell, warned: "If Mr Amaral's current book about Madeleine or any new one he may be planning to write is published here in the UK, Kate and Gerry's lawyers will take immediate action.
Am glad you posted the Sun article too. Gives it the extra bit of knife-twisting the Scouse GP needs.

Chef

LE

I guess the police are gambling on Covid restrictions being lifted in time for their annual holibobs. They've missed one season.

Carter Ruck for the libel case? They're expensive, are the McCanns paying for it or will it be pro bono?