Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madeleine McCann: Police To Dig For Evidence

My wife and I agreed before we had kids that one of us would be dry when doing childcare and if out or both drinking e.g. mess dinners, we would make arrangements with people we trusted. Mostly family, but sometimes parents friends for sleepovers.

I am still not sure what happened in the McCann case, but I am equally sure our children would not be in the situation the McCann children were.

Im sure you are telling the truth, Im merely remarking that its a stange coincindence that there were two people in the space of a few post, generally most people get slaughtered at mess functions.

1. No
2. You might think it's stupid, but it isn't necessarily.
3. I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
4. Are you accusing me of being a sock or a liar here?

1, Never? Not for minute and they have run away in a supermarket/park but luckily you found them?
2, It is stupid, under 16s have special protections because they are not deemed capable of looking after themselves, but you are happy to palm your kid of on one so long as you can go on the ale.
3, I'm saying you are justifying piss poor parenting, because you have left your child with another child at one time
4, Nothing to do with you being a sock, merely commenting on what a coincidence it is. Mainly based on the observations I witness in Army Messes and civvie pubs.

1, Never? Not for minute and they have run away in a supermarket/park but luckily you found them?
2, It is stupid, under 16s have special protections because they are not deemed capable of looking after themselves, but you are happy to palm your kid of on one so long as you can go on the ale.
3, I'm saying you are justifying piss poor parenting, because you have left your child with another child at one time
4, Nothing to do with you being a sock, merely commenting on what a coincidence it is. Mainly based on the observations I witness in Army Messes and civvie pubs.
1. Never.
2. You are entitled to your opinion. Again, you make all sorts of assumptions trying to justify your point.
3. Again, your opinion based on not having any experience. It's about as relevant as me telling people how to behave in the forces, or me commenting on your army career based on knowing nothing about it.
4. Maybe your opinion on other peoples parenting is wrong.

1. Never.
2. You are entitled to your opinion. Again, you make all sorts of assumptions trying to justify your point.
3. Again, your opinion based on not having any experience. It's about as relevant as me telling people how to behave in the forces, or me commenting on your army career based on knowing nothing about it.
4. Maybe your opinion on other peoples parenting is wrong.

1, If you say so,
2/3, Its not an opinion, it is ******* stupid to leave a child in the care of another child, just because its accepted practice in the UK doesn't mean its right.
4, Do you think its okay to be under the influence of alcohol while looking after children? If no, then you agree with my opinion dont you?

1, If you say so,
2/3, Its not an opinion, it is ******* stupid to leave a child in the care of another child, just because its accepted practice in the UK doesn't mean its right.
4, Do you think its okay to be under the influence of alcohol while looking after children? If no, then you agree with my opinion dont you?
I don't intend to go round in circles, but:

1. Not sure why I would lie - It's not actually normal practise to leave your kids unattended.
2 & 3 Do you think that someone becomes instantly able to baby sit at 16? Some people are responsible younger, some are not even much older. How else do you decide when people can do things other than legal age and/or accepted practise?
4. Yes, I do agree with you on this. Do you think it's OK to leave your kids on their own while you go to a restaurant? If no, then you agree with my opinion of the McCanns don't you?

I don't intend to go round in circles, but:

1. Not sure why I would lie - It's not actually normal practise to leave your kids unattended.
2 & 3 Do you think that someone becomes instantly able to baby sit at 16? Some people are responsible younger, some are not even much older. How else do you decide when people can do things other than legal age and/or accepted practise?
4. Yes, I do agree with you on this. Do you think it's OK to leave your kids on their own while you go to a restaurant? If no, then you agree with my opinion of the McCanns don't you?

I didnt say you were lying, of course there are teetotal (or at least one sober parent) who never leaves there children alone, just a rarity from what I witnessed.

Do children instantly become able to be married when they are 16 (with parents consent in England without in Scotland)? The same goes for having sex or having alcohol with a meal in a pub. Would you say under 16s should do those things if you deem them responsible enough?

As it happens no I dont think its a good idea to leave kids alone while you go to the restaurant/bar/bbq but Ive witnessed it many times in the Armed forces and occasionally in civvie street. Nothing will happen, its such a quiet area, its just around the corner, etc. So I dont jump on the bandwagon like those who have alleged to have served do.

Im sure you are telling the truth, Im merely remarking that its a stange coincindence that there were two people in the space of a few post, generally most people get slaughtered at mess functions.
Yep, and I have mostly gone stag, and stayed in the mess or a local hotel. When we, rarely both go we make a weekend of it and arrange appropriate childcare.

I may be an exception, but I've never been called exceptional on my OJARs.

Yep, and I have mostly gone stag, and stayed in the mess or a local hotel. When we, rarely both go we make a weekend of it and arrange appropriate childcare.

I may be an exception, but I've never been called exceptional on my OJARs.

But you agree that a lot of soldiers and spouses do get pissed at mess functions?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
The huge difference is you have done it so that makes it okay.

It is stupid and dangerous to entrust the welfare of child to another child, but everyone does it so it okay...

Funny how you justify your own piss poor behavior when its you doing it?

My comment on alcohol? You wouldnt drive a car under the influence would you? You wouldnt handle a firearm under the influence would you? But a child, someone vulnerable, someone you should always be sober around? Yeah, **** it, everyone does it, another beer thanks...

Isnt it strange how some people defend their own reckless behaviour around children.
1607296250438.png

Yes. A decreasing number, but yes. I have no idea of childcare arrangements they have made.
Strange that so many people on this thread seem to forget to how badly squaddies behaved.

Its good to know that more than a few ARRSE members would give up ever wanting to know the truth if they ever had a child go missing.

probably the Red cappers amongst us arrserrs probably have the case solved in less time than damn near decade and half...

Maybe at a year And a half with or without positive outcome.

Perhaps the green lid grads from Chicksands could also delve into the the more seedier side of say reports into the sordid and despicable trafficking individuals

perhaps the More adventurous with a certain type of para wings could potentially pull of a rescue Chick Norris style if need be

cheers

Maybe Arrse members wouldn't go away with three bairns on holiday, and come back deficient? And if they did I've a shrewd idea they'd be marching in bloody quick time, without tea and biccies!
And if you has misplaced one you would go to nick

Yeah everyone is a parent of the year on here,
Not you, you will never be will you Jaffa boy
I wondered why I had you on ignore....

Not you, you will never be will you Jaffa boy
I wondered why I had you on ignore....

Probably because I made you look a **** in the past.

The indicator being that you have to tell everyone you had me on ignore.

If I had lost one I'd have I torn the place apart looking for them. Its unlikely though as I try and prevent circumstances where it could happen - even putting stuff from the car to the garage while one is asleep the car gets locked as I walk back and forth.

If I had lost one the ARRSE Amateur detective club would be the last of my worries...finding my child would be top of the list.

And I would, like you seeming to be aiming at, never stop looking.
Next day the reminding brats were in kindergarten and he was playing tennis, my ex said if I had lost a kid the others would never be out of arms reach, like a rifle on tour I suppose

Now it’s the Bundespolizei time For a regular vacation to the algarve.

Yep based on English tourists info and clu(soe:p)es the Germans want more ...

cheers
Update

Anyone want to be a scapegoat take on step forward as he looks behind, doh

Why is this still news? I would love to know what hold the McCanns have that gives them such expensive taxpayer funded attention.
My 13 year old said, if Maddie was still alive would she be telling Maddie jokes