Madeleine McCann: Police To Dig For Evidence

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I cannot for the life of me recall a child abduction/disappearance case where the investigation had continued for so long. Seems like the Police are getting more and more money that is being assigned to investigate the case many many years after the trail is long cold.
Saddleworth Moor is not a pleasant place to while away off duty hours , unlike the Algarve

Chef

LE
My only hope is they know who did it and are desperately seeking evidence that will stand up in court.

My fear is that it's a jolly holiday fund for them. Thinking of not only Keith Bennett but also Ben Needham and Katrice Lee and others. If only their parents had been able to manipulate the media!
If only those unfortunates had been abducted or vanished in the south of France the police would be looking for them still.

If only those unfortunates had been abducted or vanished in the south of France the police would be looking for them still.
Or Portugal, imagine?

That IS impressive!!
I’m sure the snide and totally unfounded allegations on the interwebs that someone has been given a helping hand up the greasy pole in return for keeping Schtum are just that, snide and totally unfounded allegations

I can’t see how any amount of extra funding can do anything that hasn’t already been done. She was/is one of the most famous missing children in the world.
The police have surely done as much as what can be done. The only way the truth would ever come out ( whatever that is) would be for a confession from the perpetrator.
I know that Katrice Lee and Ben Needham happened many years before, but those cases didn’t have nowhere near the resources that MM did. A different era I know, but even so..

I can’t see how any amount of extra funding can do anything that hasn’t already been done. She was/is one of the most famous missing children in the world.
The police have surely done as much as what can be done. The only way the truth would ever come out ( whatever that is) would be for a confession from the perpetrator.
I know that Katrice Lee and Ben Needham happened many years before, but those cases didn’t have nowhere near the resources that MM did. A different era I know, but even so..
doubt we’ll hear anything this side of 25-30 years.

meanwhile, this is just creepy

‘Madeleine McCann

Born: 12 May 2003 (age 16 years), Leicester

Not convinced we’ll ever know either way. Surely if anyone was going to confess, or be found guilty it would have been done by now?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Not convinced we’ll ever know either way. Surely if anyone was going to confess, or be found guilty it would have been done by now?
Unless the tapas 7 are waiting for the guilty party to die...

Before making more money by publishing books about the crime.

Do you guys think the UK police ever have the Tapas 7 a good going over?

Instead of going to Portugal, concentrate on them, sooner or later a crack will appear the police can get in and open it all up?

Would like to see what pressure is put on them, they won’t crack I’d you don’t lean on them.

Just as an aside with tinfoil hat firmly in place, I wonder if with a certain Prince being involved with a Paedo, did Clement Freud have any links to the Royals or Epstein? I don’t understand why the Tapas 7 seem so protected.

Chef

LE
Do you guys think the UK police ever have the Tapas 7 a good going over?

Instead of going to Portugal, concentrate on them, sooner or later a crack will appear the police can get in and open it all up?

Would like to see what pressure is put on them, they won’t crack I’d you don’t lean on them.

Just as an aside with tinfoil hat firmly in place, I wonder if with a certain Prince being involved with a Paedo, did Clement Freud have any links to the Royals or Epstein? I don’t understand why the Tapas 7 seem so protected.

Clement Freud being an MP and celebrity at a time when the celebrity had actually done something may well have had links with the great and the good.

There seems to be whole areas that the police are not investigating with the same enthusiasm that they show when taking bucket, spade and notebook to Portugal or indeed chasing up more funds to look for someone who doesn't want to be found.

I wonder if the McCanns really want her found? After all it's been such a long time who knows what she may remember?

triggerigger

War Hero
I expect their buddy max clifford is still pulling for them.
This proffesorship I assume it's not in child care? Media studies would seem to be his area of expertise.

I expect their buddy max clifford is still pulling for them.
From beyond the grave? The twists and turns in this tale of ‘murdered child’ are getting spooky.

I wonder if the McCanns really want her found? After all it's been such a long time who knows what she may remember?
If found, bits of bone, teeth and dust will remember nothing. Whether forensics would be able to pin down death by sedative chemicals though... ?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Surely if anyone was going to confess, or be found guilty it would have been done by now?
That would stop the Met's annual draw to see who gets the funded holiday.

anglo

LE
I expect their buddy max Clifford is still pulling for them.
This professorship I assume it's not in child care? Media studies would seem to be his area of expertise.
Maxwell Frank Clifford was an English publicist. During his long career, he represented a mixed range of clients. Clifford was arrested in December 2012 on suspicion of sexual offences, as part of Operation Yewtree. Wikipedia

Born: 6 April 1943, Kingston upon Thames
Died: 10 December 2017, Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Sick Jokes 2
C Sick Jokes 2
Hat20 The NAAFI Bar 3

Latest Threads